What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A word from True EEL.....

Suitman

Post Whore
True EEL said:
but all said and done....wasn't it great to see such a good win, built on good defence and such things noticed and commented by Peter Sterling (long live lord sterling) - mean he even sounded a little bit excited about Parra :shock:

in all honesty, the team is starting to remind me a little of the team and circumstances in 1997 and to a lesser extent in 2001.....

in 1997, we all remember we had the $7 or $9 million team and later the $7 million or $9 million duds.......and even with the the "fab 4" from Canterbury (ala all our big name recruits this year) we struggled to beat Norths in the first round (ala the Tigers game this year).....

and then had 4 or 5 straight losess - until BS stood up and said everyone who is trying to run the show (Ie. Jim Dymock, Jason Smith etc) stand back and let one eprson - John Simon - "the halfback" run the show - ala like he did last week after the Cronulla loss, where he said let Tim Smith run things and other players like Morris and Morrison just chime in when neccessary or optimal.....

similar things happened in 2001 until Jason taylor got himself sorted out at halfback

lets just hope that if the parallels continue and we earn similar success as in those years that the season doesn't end in the same ways :(

:clap: :clap:

I'm excited too.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
True EEL said:
Suitman said:
strider said:
Now, now - do we have to turn what "isn't one of those threads" into "one of those threads".

And...a recommendation for true eel - when you post a "not one of those threads", don't prefix it with stuff harping on it not being "one of those threads" and don't suffix it with the "you know what I really think of him" stuff.....just make the post....I know you have been in battles over the issue - we all have....so if you make a "not one of those threads" don't even mention that its a "not one of those threads" :thumn

Huh? :oops:

Suitman

i'm with you Suity.....huh????? :?

strider, i think your turning it into one of those posts by having an unnessecary go at me, i thought i was being quite liberal in what i said??

sorry - i wasn't meaning to have a go at you - i was trying to make an honest recommendation in a slightly humorous way (tho I guess it didn't work).....you make alot of post saying good stuff about Smithy lately, but they all start out harping on the fact that you not having a go at him and then still have these little subtle digs at him (ie "so he did the admirable thing (for a change ;) )").....then suity makes the rolling eyes "unpatriotic" post - so it was heading down the path of one of "those" posts where we all take battle stances on either side of the fence.

anyway - sorry - i didn't mean to have a go at you....it was a good post :thumn

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
True EEL said:
but all said and done....wasn't it great to see such a good win, built on good defence and such things noticed and commented by Peter Sterling (long live lord sterling) - mean he even sounded a little bit excited about Parra :shock:

in all honesty, the team is starting to remind me a little of the team and circumstances in 1997 and to a lesser extent in 2001.....

in 1997, we all remember we had the $7 or $9 million team and later the $7 million or $9 million duds.......and even with the the "fab 4" from Canterbury (ala all our big name recruits this year) we struggled to beat Norths in the first round (ala the Tigers game this year).....

and then had 4 or 5 straight losess - until BS stood up and said everyone who is trying to run the show (Ie. Jim Dymock, Jason Smith etc) stand back and let one eprson - John Simon - "the halfback" run the show - ala like he did last week after the Cronulla loss, where he said let Tim Smith run things and other players like Morris and Morrison just chime in when neccessary or optimal.....

similar things happened in 2001 until Jason taylor got himself sorted out at halfback

lets just hope that if the parallels continue and we earn similar success as in those years that the season doesn't end in the same ways :(

so true, it was good to see and it put hope and respect back in a mans heart

Latest posts