What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Woods

adamkungl

Immortal
I think blokes like that are handy. Shillo chewing up metres did a good job for us. The problem the tigers have is that there is no impact to go with woods quietly eating up the metres.

Yeah I was a bit harsh.

He certainly deserves his Origin spot based on his performances in that arena, and it's not like NSW are flush with amazing props.

But it's hard to justify him as part of a mythical "big 4" or stake your clubs future on him. Imo.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I agree.

The tigers are such a mess that i dont even know where i would start to be honest. I think they are in worse shape than the raiders were after furner got fired and milford announced he was off to Brisbane asap.

Almost every position could do with some attention besides fullback.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Surely any coach that does come in, will have the fact that the players seemingly run the show in the back of their mind... Wouldn't be that great for your sanity knowing that if you piss off the wrong player, you're out of a job.

Oh, and on the actual topic, Woods is a good player, but he's overrated by a lot of commentators

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Surely any coach that does come in, will have the fact that the players seemingly run the show in the back of their mind... Wouldn't be that great for your sanity knowing that if you piss off the wrong player, you're out of a job.

Oh, and on the actual topic, Woods is a good player, but he's overrated by a lot of commentators

That is problem number 1 with the tigers right there. They need a ricky stuart to come in with his overhead projector and clean the place out but the board seems to let the players run the place.

Clifferd

Coach
That is problem number 1 with the tigers right there. They need a ricky stuart to come in with his overhead projector and clean the place out but the board seems to let the players run the place.

We have a new board that is currently cleaning up the mess of the old management that they left. Literally been in the job for a couple months

So far they have f**ked off Taylor and told these 4 players to sign before a deadline or go elsewhere

Obviously still a mess atm but I think this new management know what direction we should be heading in

next priority should be to sign an experienced nrl coach, not a rookie

Fifita is the best prop in NSW by no small margin.
f**k that, when's he on he's probably the most devastating forward in the game. It was him who destroyed the enormous Melbourne Storm pack in the grand final, the same pack which blew away the Cowboys just a fortnight earlier.

davi

Juniors
Aaron Woods on the move the win agaisnt the Cowboys isn't likely going to have a impact on his decision.

Canterbury Bulldogs table four-year deals to lure James Tedesco and Aaron Woods from Wests Tigers

The Canterbury Bulldogs will meet with the management of James Tedesco and Aaron Woods on Wednesday to potentially finalise respective four-year deals that have been put forward to lure the representative duo to Belmore next season.

Fairfax Media has been told the Bulldogs have now put contracts on the table to Woods and Tedesco and are hopeful of securing their services until the end of 2021 - possibly as early as this week.

Wests Tigers powerbrokers are privately resigned to the likelihood of losing skipper Woods, whose body language after Saturday night's victory against the Cowboys only confirmed their fears that the skipper was on his way out.

The now seemingly likely defection of Woods to Canterbury will trigger a massive clean-out at Belmore, which is expected to impact the future of Bulldogs skipper James Graham, who will sit alongside the Tigers prop on NRL360 on Tuesday night.

Graham has attracted huge interest from Newcastle, however the Tigers, who are also chasing Ben Matulino and Russell Packer, are likely to pursue the Bulldogs captain if Woods decides to link up with his close friend David Klemmer at Canterbury and squeeze the Englishman out.

While the Tigers are desperate to retain both players, Tigers officials believe the mammoth $4.5 million deal over four years to Tedesco is their best shot at retaining another member of the 'big four' after Luke Brooks pledged the next two years of his career to the club last week."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-woods-from-wests-tigers-20170409-gvh8m5.html

papabear

Juniors
$1M per season is too much for Woods. The tigers have always overrated him from the time they let fifita go, to put him on big monies.

He has a good offload and pretty good size, however he lacks power, aggression in his runs and tackles.

TBH 1.1M-1.2M a season is too much for Tedesco as well.

Eion

First Grade
Sharks have the best front row in the comp and they complement each other very well.

Fifita with his game breaking freaky stuff and prior with his work. Prior is built for origin. With a skinny 10 metres he will rush up all day, smash and hold up the Queensland forwards so they get driven back. I'd have him over the future captain any day of the week.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bulldogs would be insane to lose Graham in order to pick up Woods. Tigers need to do everything to keep Tedesco. He's their only genuine star player.

simmo05

Bench
See ya woods, welcome graham. Straight in as captain, some much needed aggression for the tigers pack,