What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absolute Disgrace!

[furrycat]

Coach
Shaun Metcalf, the NZ Junior who was convicted with 2 mates to have stomped on his GF's stomach to kill her baby; was banned from RL.. and now he has been reinstated after serving his jail time...

[furrycat]

Coach
Couldn't believe it. Won't be able to get a job anywhere else because of his criminal record, so lets just let all the crims play Rugby League instead!

Iafeta

Referee
I think its a joke myself, but you should really have said to TRY and kill the baby.

The good news out of it was the baby was born healthy.

He's allowed back to play rugby laegue, South Africa I recall had a hooker who was a convicted murderer, some of the Great Britain mob have prison tags in them (I can't remember what they did though), it doesn't though mean he's back with the Warriors or going to go anywhere professionally.

[furrycat]

Coach
Iafeta said:
I think its a joke myself, but you should really have said to TRY and kill the baby.

The good news out of it was the baby was born healthy.

He's allowed back to play rugby laegue, South Africa I recall had a hooker who was a convicted murderer, some of the Great Britain mob have prison tags in them (I can't remember what they did though), it doesn't though mean he's back with the Warriors or going to go anywhere professionally.

"Banned for life" should mean just that. It was stated he was banned for life. How do we know all these bans on other players wont just be lifted in a week or so?

Raider Ultra

Bench
The Great Britain players, Chev Walker and someone else, were convicted for drunk and disorderly, or something like that. A bit different to this repugnant crime.

Iafeta

Referee
[furrycat] said:
"Banned for life" should mean just that. It was stated he was banned for life. How do we know all these bans on other players wont just be lifted in a week or so?

Its to play amatuer rugby league.

Not professional rugby league.

As I say, there's a murderer who hooked the scrum recently for the Springboks.

To their credit, the NZRL and the Warriors themselves (neither whom should be held accountable for Shaun and his two mates behaviour) have spent a lot of time with the affected family behind the scenes.

I don't agree with the decision to allow the boys back into the game, but it must be noted:-

A: You should have written TRIED to kill an unborn baby, they didn't succeed, the baby is healthy and well, as is the mother
B: He, and his mates were kids who made stupid, stupid, stupid mistakes but mistakes none the less that are repeated by those with supposedly far more maturity
C: Its to play junior football, not professional league, these lads will NOT make a career out of it

Iafeta

Referee
Raider Ultra said:
The Great Britain players, Chev Walker and someone else, were convicted for drunk and disorderly, or something like that. A bit different to this repugnant crime.

I know it wasn't attempted murder, but I think it went a fair bit further than that. It'd have had to have to have been tagged by the prison system for their whereabouts.

It really has nothing to do with the Metcalfe situation (I reiterate, I do NOT condone their behaviour NOR support the NZRL's decision), but what it does show, to varying degrees, is that there are others making a living professionally who have been convicted of some crime or another.

Slappy

Juniors
I remember hearing this story on the radio when it came out( 2 yrs ago?)
I was disgusted then, and even more disgusted now that they would let such an animal near the sport!
They should have lined him up against a wall a put a bullet in his sorry head!
How can you rehabilitate someone like this, whether they are a kid or not?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
If memory serves me the South African bowler (cricket) Ntini was convicted of rape and served some gaol time. Though I don't recall too many people kicking up a stink he is back playing test cricket.

Iafeta

Referee
Slappy said:
I remember hearing this story on the radio when it came out( 2 yrs ago?)
I was disgusted then, and even more disgusted now that they would let such an animal near the sport!
They should have lined him up against a wall a put a bullet in his sorry head!
How can you rehabilitate someone like this, whether they are a kid or not?

So basically anyone who commits a crime should be strung up against a wall and shot? So basically, you'd support if Schappelle Corby's case was appealed and she lost that she should face the death penalty? Oh, wait, thats different.

:arrow: To Controversy Corner. Fair dinkum, what the heck has this got to do with the NRL, its a cr@p insinuation that he's remotely related to a particular NRL club when that NRL club washed their hands of him and moved very quckly to support the victim.

Iafeta

Referee
tiger pride said:
If memory serves me the South African bowler (cricket) Ntini was convicted of rape and served some gaol time. Though I don't recall too many people kicking up a stink he is back playing test cricket.

Correct.

There was a Henry or Harry someone who was also a Springbok hooker in around 1996/1997 who had done time for murdering his black slave.

shadow grinder

First Grade
tiger pride said:

who cares about cricket or union...we are talking rugby league.

Iafeta

Referee
The Illuminati said:
who cares about cricket or union...we are talking rugby league.

Thats right. Criminal law is totally different when it relates purely to rugby league :shock: :rolleyes:

No, you are talking in the NRL forum on an incident that has nothing to do with the NRL or any team associated with the NRL. Take it to Controversy Corner.

shadow grinder

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Thats right. Criminal law is totally different when it relates purely to rugby league :shock: :rolleyes:

No, you are talking in the NRL forum on an incident that has nothing to do with the NRL or any team associated with the NRL. Take it to Controversy Corner.

i would be saying the same damn thing weather it be league players or some normal joe off the street....

what they did is wrong..i dont care what they play or what they do...they attacked that girl with intention to kill her unborn child. fortuantly the women and the child were fine...

i didnt start the thread...nor do i have the power to move it to the CC forum.

what i meant with the comment i made was just saying why are people bringing up cases from union and cricket when it has nothing to do with ethier sport...it doesnt have anything to do with league ethier cept the fact that they were allowed back into league by the NZRL .....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see what any of this has to do with Rugby League. It didn't happen on the Rugby League field.

How many others players are out their playing for your teams, that have criminal records that you don't know about.