What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Reynolds injured again and ruled out of Nines

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Travitoh

First Grade
He was withdrawn as a precaution, expected to be fine for other trials and most importantly, round 1

Rabbits20

Immortal
You scared the shit out of me R20 haha a hamstring strain is much worse than tightness! Hopefully he's not overtraining, he's like a glass cannon right now!
Oh I must have misread lol. I thought it said strain.

With Robbie recovering and AR now with a slight injury plus George well word is he's not fit and struggling plus Gosiewski is out for 3 months.

These injuries are concerning.

doyen

Bench
I would withdraw him from the all stars.

AR should never have been picked for a rubbish game like the 9s anyway.

Sths should withdraw him from The All Stars game too!!

Why would you risk a bloke that scores 200+ pts year after year!!!!

Is hamstring tightness a precursor to probable more serious injury!!!?????

DiegoNT

First Grade
Reynolds should be right to go the all-stars. He'll have an extra week to work on those tight hamstrings. The reason he'd have been withdrawn is because of the nature of 9s, it's played in short sharp spells, most players last mere minutes before being interchanged. So his hamstrings would be going stetched, relaxed, stretched, relaxed, stetched, relax over game, with that being repeated 3 to 7 times over a weekend depending on success with minimal recovery time over the weekend. With the allstars he'll be able to work his way into a whole game and only have to do it once on that weekend. You can't cotton wrap players before the season, you have to give them some playing time before season kickoff

Travitoh

First Grade

Potentially, yes but as long as it gets looked after properly it shouldn't be a problem. Tightness is a sign of fatigue/being over worked so a bit of a rest along with proper stretching and a bit of light work should do the trick.

callmack1

Staff member
A little bit dissapointed that we won't get to see him destroy the nines like in 2015, but I am also happy because we are no longer risking him getting a more serious injury.

Thank god it's only TIGHT hamstrings and not a strain.

I have had tight hamstrings in the past and they can lead to a serious hamstring injury if they go untreated, especially for playmakers like Reyno because they kick the ball a lot and fully extend their leg. However, they don't take long to fix and Reynolds has great physio's around him that would do hamstring exersises with him everyday so he will be fine.

Our Nines squad is still very strong imo.

English Rose

Juniors
Problem is now is who do Souths send as a replacement as I thought the rules state you must have at least 1 of your top 5 earners attend?

I'm guessing this leaves Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess, George Burgess, John Sutton/Robbie Farrah to pick from.

callmack1

Staff member
Problem is now is who do Souths send as a replacement as I thought the rules state you must have at least 1 of your top 5 earners attend?

I'm guessing this leaves Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess, George Burgess, John Sutton/Robbie Farrah to pick from.
Out of those I'd send Sutto. He's been there before.

Rabbits20

Immortal
AR should never have been picked for a rubbish game like the 9s anyway.

Sths should withdraw him from The All Stars game too!!

Why would you risk a bloke that scores 200+ pts year after year!!!!

Correct. The nines don't mean that much in the scheme of things.

Yep I hope he's withdrawn from the All Stars game too.

I would say if he still has any tightness he may not play the Charity Shield either. But I hope he does play in it.

Also Doyen I reckon it wouldn't take much to turn into a strain.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A little bit dissapointed that we won't get to see him destroy the nines like in 2015, but I am also happy because we are no longer risking him getting a more serious injury.

Thank god it's only TIGHT hamstrings and not a strain.

I have had tight hamstrings in the past and they can lead to a serious hamstring injury if they go untreated, especially for playmakers like Reyno because they kick the ball a lot and fully extend their leg. However, they don't take long to fix and Reynolds has great physio's around him that would do hamstring exersises with him everyday so he will be fine.

Our Nines squad is still very strong imo.
I just hope we don't send Kelly over there. I don't rate him at all.

In fact in the season if we lost AR for a few weeks I would move Sutto to 5/8 and Cody to half or move Farah to half and keep Cody at 6 before I would play Kelly.

I've seen him play a fair bit and sorry but he's not up to it.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Oh I must have misread lol. I thought it said strain.

With Robbie recovering and AR now with a slight injury plus George well word is he's not fit and struggling plus Gosiewski is out for 3 months.

These injuries are concerning.

Is George Burgess struggling? It's concerning that the Burgess twins may never be able to return to their best with all the injuries they have! I wouldn't worry too much. If injuries hit us badly again we won't do well, but it also allows us to give our rookies a tonne of game experience which is crucial if we're aiming for a premiership in the next few years.