What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afghanistan and Ireland Are Poised to Join Cricket’s Elite

Timbo

Staff member
It's a lot easier for Ireland given they're a first world country with a sound economic base and can actually play at home.

Afghanistan remains a warzone with widespread corruption at all levels. There are plenty of players in Zimbabwe too but if the systems that are in place can't maintain a top tier side then raw talent means nothing.

Timbo

Staff member
I wonder if in this instance there would be an exemption? You'd think it'd be fair enough since there was no pathway for him prior.

I'm pretty certain Rankin played an ODI for Ireland less than 4 years after his test debut debacle.

Pommy

Coach
I wonder if in this instance there would be an exemption? You'd think it'd be fair enough since there was no pathway for him prior.

I'm pretty certain Rankin played an ODI for Ireland less than 4 years after his test debut debacle.

I guess it depends how much he wants to play for them. If he went immediately I would take no issue with it, if he wanted to play an ashes series then switch I would make him wait the 4 years.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I guess it depends how much he wants to play for them. If he went immediately I would take no issue with it, if he wanted to play an ashes series then switch I would make him wait the 4 years.

lol

Robert key has more of a chance of a test recall for england

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ireland have confirmed their first test will be vs. Pakistan in May.

I guess if you are gonna cause a boilover in your first ever test, Pakis would be the side you would want to play against

What the odds bookies paying for an Irish victory? Might put a bit on it...

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Join Cricket's Elite

LOL there is no elite,all nations these days are pathetic,not one good team going around.