What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFL rape scandal to hit- Radio report

DIEHARD

----
It probably will be. But it will be "ST KILDA" players, there is no chance they will damn an entire code like they did with Rugby League.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
dimitri said:
I hope its on every front page around the country
Yes, in the hope it will help eradicate this problem, and make our society safer for all of our female folk.
Rape is not acceptable fellas, no matter what the sport.
No means no.

ibeme

First Grade
El Duque said:
Moggles said:
bit wierd how smh.com.au has not yet reported it...

Have you checked to see they didn't put it in the League section?

Or maybe they're researching the involved players' family trees in hope of finding some rugby league ancestry to blame.

mel

Juniors
Bastard_Squad said:
I don't know if this is the same AFL sex scandal or not.

From news.com.au

New football sex-assault link
By staff writers
March 16, 2004

POLICE are investigating an allegation of sexual assault believed to have been made against two St Kilda Australian rules footballers.

Brighton detectives are investigating the alleged incident after it was reported to them yesterday.

St Kilda club officials will hold a press conference about 4pm today.

Edit: According to the BigFooty forums this is a seperate incident supposed to have happened last Saturday night.

I heard this one this morning on channel 7 (Melbourne). Now I might have been hungover but I'm sure the newsreader named the players!!!!

Chook

First Grade
Don't gloat about it people, but get stuck into the rag writers for sure!

Chook.

DIEHARD

----
mermaid said:
I heard this one this morning on channel 7 (Melbourne). Now I might have been hungover but I'm sure the newsreader named the players!!!!

Bloody oath they did. I saw that bulletin! They named a player then retracted it saying that player wasn't involved and apoligised for any damage. I was just saying when they named named "you can't do that, you can't just name names!"

mel

Juniors
Diehard said:
mermaid said:

Bloody oath they did. I saw that bulletin! They named a player then retracted it saying that player wasn't involved and apoligised for any damage. I was just saying when they named named "you can't do that, you can't just name names!"

Exactly what I was thinking. I never did see them retract it. God, what were they thinking naming names anyway. Look out channel 7, this might get ugly.

storm007

Juniors
On Channel 7 I just heard the end of the report from the media confrence that St Kilda had and they named the 2 players, sorry did not catch the full names. They also said the girls rang them up to meet the players on Sunday night and then made the alledged reports to the police on Monday.
St Kilda will stick by there players.

Will be interesting to see how the Melbourne papers report on this and keep people upto date.

zulu

Juniors
Diehard said:
It probably will be. But it will be "ST KILDA" players, there is no chance they will damn an entire code like they did with Rugby League.

After the mud that was thrown at our game, AFL should cop it big time because this is not the first sexual misconduct allegation levelled at players of that code. I reckon this history should now be brought up in the media.

I demand a nine msn internet poll!!

Let's make sure the Patrick Smith's, Jeff Wells and Steve Price cretins of this world know about this one.

DIEHARD

----
zulu said:
I demand a nine msn internet poll!!

Yea mate, this St Kilda scandel has really turned me off Aussie Rules and I wont be letting my son Johnie play that dirty code. :lol:

ibeme

First Grade
Before everyone starts ripping into the journos that have given league a hard time, why not wait to see that they don't give the AFL the same treatment first. Even then, we should realise that two wrongs don't make a right. These allegations don't make league any better or worse than AFL. Where we can place ourselves above AFL is by taking a mature and even handed approach to this, rather than sinking the boot in, and using this situation to score points.

Obviously, sexual assault is an abhorent crime and violation, and that should never be forgotten.

Let's be the mature ones here.