What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Bunniesman, Cronk, Smith, JT, Farah and Benji go.....

Cliffhanger

Coach
Johnson and Foran immediately come to mind, both a freaks and have so much raw talent. I also like what I have seen from Sezer and McCullough, too.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Henry is talented but lazy, and has also had injuries. Basically Chris Sandow without the opportunity to waltz into a shithouse souffs team.

And lol@antifag, JWH, Merrin, Buhrer, Bromwich, Waddell, and Lui have all played plenty of first grade. 3 of them have played rep footy. They got the halves arse about in that team, but the progression of young players is often more about opportunity than out and out talent. Would we have seen much of DCE if the Dogs hadn't gone so hard for Hodkinson? Merrin filled the hole left by Poore, but Marketo has been stuck behind Creagh, Young, Scott, Smith, Costigan, Cuthbertson, and Prior, and had to compete with De Belin and McKinnon.

Sort your crap out. If you're going to insult me for saying that Foran, DCE and Widdop are outperforming Henry and Lui, then just say so. But no, then you admit the halves are "arse about".

I never said that the others had not played first grade.

You really think anyone else's success in that team is comparable to internationals Widdop, Foran and DCE? Sure JWH and Bromwich have played tests for NZ, Merrin and Buhrer have found an origin bench, and Waddell is progressing nicely but DCE and Foran are stars of the game already, and Widdop is well on his way to being a star. You do realise this thread was about playmakers? So tell me all about how Lui, Henry, Buhrer and Waddel rival DCE, Foran and Widdop... Surely Widdop is the ewakest link, but I don't think you have any argument for Foran or DCE.

And why the reference to "antifag"? I have not discussed my opinion on your sexuality or anyone elses on this site at all. Pretty odd presumption to make.

Good luck.

Last edited:

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Thread needs more Scott Dureau. Probably a big unknown to most of you but he has some talent. Can see him ending up in the NRL one day.

mongoose

Coach
Waddell is progressing nicely

Sorry but he's garbage. He would be my 4th choice hooker at the Raiders behind Buttriss, Berigan and McIlwrick and McIlwrick has only played 2 games of first grade. Waddell has solid defence but the rest of his game needs a lot of work.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
No offence. He's still progressing better than Lui or Henry by remaining in first grade.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
@ Loudstrat,

Assuming all the current superstars (Slater, Smith, Cronk, Marshall etc) are all gone in 5 years .. which in reality won't be the case for all of them .. then I would say:

NZ
6. Keiran Foran
7. Shaun Johnson
9. Issac Luke

NSW
6. Kyle Stanley
7. Adam Reynolds / Mitchell Pearce
9. Cam King

QLD
6. Corey Norman
7. DCE / Ben Hunt / Gary Riccardi
9. Andrew McCullough

@ firechild,

Hard to argue with DCE's form right now, but Riccardi has been a gun throughout the age groups and lower grades. The issue Manly have now is with Foran and DCE both re-signing to longer deals, they are almost certainly going to lose him .. I would love for the Dragons to look closely at him, because we are certainly short on young halfbacks coming through right now.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Jesus Christ. Misty was pretty f**kin dumb to be fooled by it 3 days after the fact, but I can't believe it's still catching people out more than 3 years later.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Hmmm... Corey Norman's debut year. Was that a different Corey Norman the donkeys trotted out at fullback a couple of years ago?

Interesting if you compare Norman and Sironen at the same age (18), Sironen is a very impressive talent indeed.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If your talking 5 years time, you're having a fair conversation without mentioning Anthony Milford

Latest posts