What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After four rounds...

Canterbury

Juniors
every team beaten at least once! theres usually one team that can go on a mini winning streak for longer then 4 weeks..

How open is the comp!? I love it.

Chook

First Grade
I hope it continues all season, it's just what we need for the game!

Anyone know the crowd tonight?

Chook.

ash the bash

Juniors
Just was going throw the draw, and looked at the final weekend of footy before finals, and you can sense all the crunch games. come finals time i reckon we will have 6-7 clubs within the reach of the 8 and about 3-4 clubs will be fighting for the minor primiership. ;-)

Macca

Coach
The crowd was just over 25000. If it was a home game for the Roosters that equates to just under 60000. :p

The comp is so open that we just saw the 2 Grand Finalists. What a shame.

simon says

First Grade
It was actually a Panthers home game. :lol: :lol:

But what a great season it has been so far.Tipping is nearly impossible,Im average 3-4 right a week.Ouch #-o #-o #-o

Caged Panther

First Grade
But the panthers were able to fit about 4-5000 more into telstra than they could have at penrith. Having said I do believe the crowd was a little dissapointing.

Munky

Coach
I think perhaps the fans leaning towarsd coming to the game last night might not have come after last weeks scenes at the SFS.

mightypanther

Juniors
I personally think the low crowd last night probably had more to do with the fact that it was a Friday night.

My friends and I were pushing big time to make it from work to home, get ready, drive to the stadium, park and get into our seats.

We raced like lunatics and still didn't make it into our seats unitl well after 7 pm.

Also, let's not forget it was the first day of the Easter Show too. The traffic from the west to Homebush on the M4 was a shocker.

The Panthers club made the huge mistake of thinking that they would get heaps of people in from the show to watch the game, but anyone with kids who had been at the show all day would have only one thing on their minds.......get the kids home and into bed early.

I also think that the thought of the possible traffic delays trying to get there because of the show put a lot of Panther fans off.

Any extra people they gained that would not normally have gone to Penrith Stadium, would have been way overshadowed by the number of people that would normally have gone to Penrith, who decided not to go at all this time.

A Saturday night probably would have been a great success.........but this time their timing was absolutely lousy.

Pantherjim.

Referee
mightypanther said:
I personally think the low crowd last night probably had more to do with the fact that it was a Friday night.

My friends and I were pushing big time to make it from work to home, get ready, drive to the stadium, park and get into our seats.

We raced like lunatics and still didn't make it into our seats unitl well after 7 pm.

Also, let's not forget it was the first day of the Easter Show too. The traffic from the west to Homebush on the M4 was a shocker.

The Panthers club made the huge mistake of thinking that they would get heaps of people in from the show to watch the game, but anyone with kids who had been at the show all day would have only one thing on their minds.......get the kids home and into bed early.

I also think that the thought of the possible traffic delays trying to get there because of the show put a lot of Panther fans off.

Any extra people they gained that would not normally have gone to Penrith Stadium, would have been way overshadowed by the number of people that would normally have gone to Penrith, who decided not to go at all this time.

A Saturday night probably would have been a great success.........but this time their timing was absolutely lousy.

Agreed... If it had of been a Saturday or Sunday arvo game the crowd figures would have been more impressive.

Kickoff was at 19:30 and as many people do not finish work till 17:00 they would have had a sh*t-fight getting home to get changed, in peak-hour traffic and another sh*t fight driving to Homebush Bay. I was fortunate enough to have the day off, mind you it did take us longer driving into Homebush Bay than usual, and P1 was chockers! - I expect becuase of the Easter show.

I think there would have been a few Panthers and Roosters fans that would have admitted defeat and resorted to watching a delayed telecast of it in the comfort of their lounges. Under the circumstances I can't really blame them.

Pantherjim.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
But what a great season it has been so far.Tipping is nearly impossible,Im average 3-4 right a week.Ouch #-o #-o #-o

thats not too bad
im averaging the same but the comp im running, most are averaging 2-3 :lol: :lol: :lol:

damn this open season to hell (im tipping respects)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I picked the Friday night game correctly for the first time this season.

Thanks to the fact that i forgot to save my changes when i went to change my tips on Thursday.