What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Against the Raiders...

Rumours doing the rounds that Pettybourne and possibly even Crocker will be fit for this one. That means we have Pettybourne, Crocker, Lowe and Asotasi coming back into the team.

Should make a vast difference. A couple of Internationals, an up and coming Kiwi rep and a possible bolter for QLD this year, should add some starch to the team.

Big Sam

First Grade
Read somewhere on friday that tyrell would be back as well. I'm surprised if eddy's back - thought broken jaws took longer than 6 weeks to heal. Would be great to have him back though.

Last edited:

Zigwaa

Bench
We need a few of those blokes back to get on top this week. The raiders have a big pack and we need to win the forwards battle to win the game.

Raiders are usually our bogey team so we can't take them lightly.

MattJ

Juniors
Canberra could easily rack up a 50 point score on us if we were to play with the same control or intensity as we did in the last outing. When they turn it on at home there attack is nothing short of awesome.
I think having Lowe back alone will be a massive help with the form he has had so far this season, all other inclusions would be more than welcome.

I have serious doubts about Roy.I saw footage of him the sheds before the Parra game,and his knee was still bandaged up.

Just saw the team...

Thats the last time I believe rumours that are posted on the Internet. Although, Pettybourne is named in the side. Shame about Asotasi and Crocker though. 1 / 3 is a pretty poor strike rate.

Big Sam

First Grade
Which jersey are we wearing? Both our current home and away ones would clash with Canberra's. Hope it's not that all white one from '08. We got flogged that nite.

Team for Round 7 against the Canberra Raiders

(from the official South Sydney website)

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce their team to take on the Canberra Raiders in round seven this Sunday 25 April at Canberra Stadium.

Rabbitohs forward Eddy Pettybourne returns to the side after overcoming a jaw injury sustained in round one. Ben Lowe also returns to the side after missing round six through suspension.

Rabbitohs centre Colin Best will play his 200th NRL game this weekend against his former Club. Best has had stints with the Dragons, Sharks and Raiders before joining the Rabbitohs for the 2009 season. Best also played two seasons with Hull FC in the English Super League. Best has represented City Origin as well as being awarded the Dally M Winger of the Year award in 2008.

The NRL game will kick off at 2pm with the Toyota Cup match scheduled to commence at 11:45am.

The Rabbitohs’ NRL team is:

1) Rhys Wesser
2) Nathan Merritt
3) Colin Best
4) Beau Champion
5) Fetuli Talanoa
6) John Sutton
7) Chris Sandow
8) Scott Geddes
9) Issac Luke
10) Luke Stuart (c)
11) Sam Burgess
12) David Taylor
13) Ben Lowe

Interchange:

14) Garret Crossman
15) Shannan McPherson
16) Eddy Pettybourne
17) Jason Clark
18) Luke Capewell

Coach – John Lang

dont forget that most players (particuarly fowards) need a few games to get back to full fitness, may not be a good idea for the bunnies to chuck them all in at once

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I reckon Roy will be playing this weekend.

I know the Raiders played rubbish last week, but that is exactly how we played.

Bottom line is if we sit back and wait for them to come at us, we will lose.
We need to get in front, and not give them a sniff, because if they are in the game in the second half, they will just keep coming playing at home.

African Monkey

First Grade
Ball control must improve from last week. Good to have Pettybourne back. He'll add a lot more grunt to the pack.