What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Blacks v Wallabies - Christchurch

Thomas

First Grade
He's a flat track bully...in a sense. Can absolutely dominate against weaker teams but is found wanting against good opposition. Time and time again.

f**k we missed Cooper out there. The Wallaby backs didn't even look like scoring and we needed someone with a spark to try something. Pocock was immense again and Sharpe put his hand up for some hard work. The Wallabies have the cattle there...but NZ are a step above.

I reckon world rankings would be something like this:

NZ

Daylight

Aust/SA

[Insert NH team here]

shiznit

Coach
i gotta say... we were VERY lucky not to get a yellow or maybe even a red for woodcock's hit on Faainga off the ball... that was poor.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm handing around the hat for a collection for Phil Kearns. He deserves for us to buy him some lollipops to suck on in between his ardent passion of calling penalty shenanigans every second comment against "Insert team name here who are playing Australia." He's the most biased merkin I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.

Nevertheless, sounds a lot sweeter when he has to continually swallow humble pie after each test. What blokes like Kearns don't realise is the reason they are getting jobbed relentlessly is simply because, as Bob Dwyer himself said, there are at least 6-7 players in the Wallabies side who are frankly barely Heartland Cup level in New Zealand.

For once I agree with Bob, when he said

"We were poor. I said before the game I couldn't understand the selections at numbers 2, 3, 4, 8 and 12. By the end, I felt as many as seven of the side hardly deserved to be there. "What has happened to Will Genia? He has gone from being a genius to hopeless. He was dreadful in this game.
"A third of the time he wasn't even behind the forward pack. Anthony Faingaa looked out of his class, especially in the first half, James O'Connor certainly isn't a test-class wing, and I can't believe there isn't a better No 8 available than Richard Brown.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10664655

Honestly, those Faingaa boys, I hope there's more to them than that. And the tighthead prop, hopeless scrummager. Richard Brown has the skills of a lady in the maternity ward... they seem to be one dimensional players. Either they're reasonable attackers or reasonable defenders, but very few of the Australias are complete footballers. Across the board nearly New Zealand's team is all-round competent footballers with the ability to take a gap and handle the ball in contact on the burst.

I'm sure we'll get dusted again at the World Cup, but I'm very confident it won't be against the Wallabies. I really feel for Robbie Deans, he's gone from the Canterbury All-Stars to a pack of club rugby players being pwned in a yellow jersey.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Muahaha Australia lose again that's all that matters to me! Yes we world world cup winners but sometimes it's not about the trophies you win it's about they way you play tere quite frankly Australia re not up to scratch with the AB's and ever will be!

I'm handing around the hat for a collection for Phil Kearns. He deserves for us to buy him some lollipops to suck on in between his ardent passion of calling penalty shenanigans every second comment against "Insert team name here who are playing Australia." He's the most biased merkin I've ever had the displeasure of listening to.

Nevertheless, sounds a lot sweeter when he has to continually swallow humble pie after each test. What blokes like Kearns don't realise is the reason they are getting jobbed relentlessly is simply because, as Bob Dwyer himself said, there are at least 6-7 players in the Wallabies side who are frankly barely Heartland Cup level in New Zealand.

For once I agree with Bob, when he said

"We were poor. I said before the game I couldn't understand the selections at numbers 2, 3, 4, 8 and 12. By the end, I felt as many as seven of the side hardly deserved to be there. "What has happened to Will Genia? He has gone from being a genius to hopeless. He was dreadful in this game.
"A third of the time he wasn't even behind the forward pack. Anthony Faingaa looked out of his class, especially in the first half, James O'Connor certainly isn't a test-class wing, and I can't believe there isn't a better No 8 available than Richard Brown.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10664655

Honestly, those Faingaa boys, I hope there's more to them than that. And the tighthead prop, hopeless scrummager. Richard Brown has the skills of a lady in the maternity ward... they seem to be one dimensional players. Either they're reasonable attackers or reasonable defenders, but very few of the Australias are complete footballers. Across the board nearly New Zealand's team is all-round competent footballers with the ability to take a gap and handle the ball in contact on the burst.

I'm sure we'll get dusted again at the World Cup, but I'm very confident it won't be against the Wallabies. I really feel for Robbie Deans, he's gone from the Canterbury All-Stars to a pack of club rugby players being pwned in a yellow jersey.

Hallelujah Iafeta agree entirely..Kearns is the most biased commentator I have ever had to listen to.

Thomas

First Grade
You don't listen to many South African commentators then do you?

I reckon a Saffa player could run out on the pitch and shoot someone with a gun and the commentator would say "Well, he shouldn't have gotten in the way of that bullet"

I don't mind biased commentators. They are commentating for an audience of their countrymen. If we have to put up with Mexted then you have to put up with Kearns.

Latest posts