What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alonso

Parra

Referee
He has been driving the wheels off his shitbox Mclaren Honda this year.

A well deserved run in Q3 at Spain rewarded with P7. He really carries that car and belts it around the track. What are the chances of it lasting? From all reports the car he drove around Albert Park was belted up as well.

Good on him for having such a go in the circumstances.

How will this preparation help him at Indy where the opposite approach is required? Manhandle a car at Indy like he is having to do this year and you are in the wall.

Can't wait to see him run there though. Love his enthusiasm.

Life's Good

Coach
He has been driving the wheels off his shitbox Mclaren Honda this year.

A well deserved run in Q3 at Spain rewarded with P7. He really carries that car and belts it around the track. What are the chances of it lasting? From all reports the car he drove around Albert Park was belted up as well.

Good on him for having such a go in the circumstances.

How will this preparation help him at Indy where the opposite approach is required? Manhandle a car at Indy like he is having to do this year and you are in the wall.

Can't wait to see him run there though. Love his enthusiasm.
I am an unabashed fan of Alonso. The guy is a warrior and was basically the catalyst for Shuey retiring the first time. In terms of hustling a sh*tbox around he is right up there with Gilles Villeneuve.
On Indy I think he will just be out to have fun to take his mind of the Mcl situation. Like you I will be watching with great interest.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a pity he shit in the bed at Ferrari and looks to be too old for Mercedes to consider him. It'd be great to see him in a genuinely competitive car.

f**k it'd be great to see Ricciardo, Verstappen, Perez and Sainz in genuinely competitive cars

Life's Good

Coach
It's a pity he shit in the bed at Ferrari and looks to be too old for Mercedes to consider him. It'd be great to see him in a genuinely competitive car.

f**k it'd be great to see Ricciardo, Verstappen, Perez and Sainz in genuinely competitive cars
2010 was a poor strategy call by Aussie Chris Dyer(cost him his job eventually)in Abu Dhabi. In 2012 Grosjean went all kamikaze in Belgium nearly taking off Alonsos head in the process. Beyond that Ferrari never really provided a good car. I still hold out hope for him to win title 3 but time is running out.
On the other drivers I like the look of Ocon.

Parra

Referee
Bourdais lucky to survive this.

Between this and Jack Miller's crash - lots of good fortune this weekend

Life's Good

Coach
Bourdais lucky to survive this.

Between this and Jack Miller's crash - lots of good fortune this weekend

Ouch. They aren't small accidents at the Brickyard that's for sure.

I remember when Mansell went to Indycar and hit the wall in Phoenix. They interviewed him not long after and he wasn't too fussed because he was told there were 2 types of Indycar drivers-those who have hit a wall and those that will.

Life's Good

Coach
5th on the grid. His best quali position this year. As Mario Andretti said - if you can drive, you can drive.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
He was amazing today, it's a shame his F1 curse followed him and on lap 180 his honda gave up, had the fastest laps of the race and led a lot of them somewhere around 50 i'd guess.