What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL Expansion

roopy

Referee
Not having a go at anyone, because we are all asking ourselves all sorts of questions, but maybe we don't want to throw any fuel on the fire.
At the end of the day, we want everyone to keep working to expand the game and all the main players to maintain a working relationship.

Both David and Spinner are legends in my books, and however this plays out, what we really need is as little bad blood as possible.

Everyone 'picking sides' is a bad thing.

Having said that, i've picked a side, i want Rugby League to be the winner - or at least, not the loser.

juro

Bench
Latest tweet from David Niu:

#AMNRL 2011domestic season. Will include National Regional Championship (east/west) plus home & away Colonial Cup v Canada, Ireland & RLWCQ!

Not sure what he means by the east/west. How many west teams would there be? Is he talking about new teams like Seattle or just saying Pittsburgh is west?

RedVee

First Grade
I assume he means in addition to the AMNRL season.
The East/West being a Rep/Provincial series???

PaulyTom

Juniors
Need to get the Western Comp going. LA , Las Vegas , Salt Lake City , San Fran , San Diego.

A Mid West Comp could also be a great concept. Chicago , Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Cleveland , Pitsburg

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Just so people dont get the wrong idea.

Rhino Cats and Progress

What do you mean grumblings about dubious schedules, or favortism towards the Bulls.

Lets see, which teams over the last few years have constantly played in jacksonville because not all the other teams could afford it. Lets look at last year - the Bulls twice, the Knights, Philadelphia.

I seem to remember Mr Niu being very understanding and accomadating to Jacksonville when they had to foreit play off games. He kept that quiet for Jacksonville.

You know why Daniel Wagon played for the Bulls - because he reached out to David Niu - David shopped him to other teams but no one else stepped up, so the Bulls took him. The Bulls have developed more American players and and brought over leass imports than anyone.

Unprofessional twitter campaign? Nius had been nothing but positive. Some of his friends have gotten abit more passionate but when all the facts come out I am sure you will understand why.

I dont want to get into a tit for tat, but if you want to substantiate any of this I will happily show eveidence otherwise. There will always be grumblings in any organization, large or small. But by and large Niu has always bent over backwards to help everybody

juro

Bench
I am happy for David Niu to use twitter to give information. More information is better than less. However, I really think he needs to set up a separate twitter account strictly for rugby league news. I follow his tweets for the rugby league, not to hear him talking about taking his dogs for a run or what his kids are up to.

spinnerhowland

Juniors

Rhino Cats and Progress

What do you mean grumblings about dubious schedules, or favortism towards the Bulls.

Lets see, which teams over the last few years have constantly played in jacksonville because not all the other teams could afford it. Lets look at last year - the Bulls twice, the Knights, Philadelphia.

I seem to remember Mr Niu being very understanding and accomadating to Jacksonville when they had to foreit play off games. He kept that quiet for Jacksonville.

Not getting into anything other than the above - the Axemen forfeited ONE game in five years - it was the 2nd round playoff game in 2008 that was against the New Haven Warriors in CT - we have never tried to hide that from anyone - we held an open discussion with our players to discuss and explain that we had run out of money. This was due to the additional expense of having to rent mobile bleachers, potalets, sound system, etc, as we had to play on the 2nd field at UNF due to the upgrades being made to the main Hodges Stadium field. Due to the facilites we also had lower than expected revenue from fan attendence.
It was one of the toughest decisions we have had to make in our history and changes were implemented in our budgeting structure to ensure it never happened again - we most certainly concede that we fell short of what the minimum standard should have been that year given we had performed well enough to be one win away from the grand final - it was a humbling lesson to learn - we have NEVER missed another game and have also compensated 4 teams in various ways to make the trip to Jacksonville viable for them in the past. Those agreements will remain personal between us and the teams we assisted.

before stepping out of the comp last season the sharks played in jacksonville every year. we may have travled light but spinner was very accomedating and understanding. we were also able to borrow some axemen players. nothing bad should be said about this man or his club.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
I agree Get Down or Lay Down, NJ has travelled down (even driving one time if I remember!) We all enjoyed the experience. The Jax players were always very accomodating. I know the Knights played a seconds game against some of the extra axemen.

But it is a myth that it has been done alone or without/depite the AMNRL. The AMNRL were always very supportive especially schedule wise with Jacksonville, especially in the early years. Certain teams would refuse to go down there, those know who they are. That has never been the case with the Knights, I know it was never the case with the Bulls as well.

Its funny, I think some Jax people (not the players I will stress) think teams like the Bulls and the Knights are/were there enemy. They in reality helped them stay alive (along with NJ travelling down). However it was some of these other teams that whined loudest that are all pally pally now. Very ironic.

Remember - every team that has started up has recieved alot of help to get going in this competition.

Mike_Jets

Juniors
What is actually going on with the US league? I would love to buy a shirt from one of the teams but on Jacksonville have a shop (and I guess new shirts will be coming soon?).
Any online stores where you can get shirts?

just wanna let you know there was no mal-intent in my comment. just wanted to comment on my experiance with jax. an ill go further and say Ny gave a bunch of rag tag footy players a runaround this past july that got the ball rolling for the sharks in 2011, for that i can not thank them enough

Progress

Juniors

Rhino Cats and Progress

You know why Daniel Wagon played for the Bulls - because he reached out to David Niu - David shopped him to other teams but no one else stepped up, so the Bulls took him. The Bulls have developed more American players and and brought over leass imports than anyone.

Unprofessional twitter campaign? Nius had been nothing but positive. Some of his friends have gotten abit more passionate but when all the facts come out I am sure you will understand why.

I dont want to get into a tit for tat, but if you want to substantiate any of this I will happily show eveidence otherwise. There will always be grumblings in any organization, large or small. But by and large Niu has always bent over backwards to help everybody

David has done a tremendous job and there has been alot of good and some bad. You are obviously a fan of Niu and so am I. My guess is that you work along side with David and I would guess you are one of 2 people from the Knights organization, from your comments.

That being noted, since you probably are in constant contact with David please tell him to listen to the outcries of the clubs and fans...bring in youth leagues, new AMNRL website (not WeAreRugby), merchandise, form a board of directors through a league vote, cast votes within the league and so on...

One man is only as good as his team and there should be a vote on who that team should be, as this league needs to develop more of a business mindset. Not to listen to some of the leading clubs in the league would be a great failure on your part, David's and rugby league in America.

Stop taking offense and start working together.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
From my knowlede all the teams always get listened to.

There is a few disgruntled people wo want to rule the world, but really it is a few individuals. From what I hear most of the players dont know what these individuals are up to.

I know this as I have been involved with a few teams.

RhinoCats

Juniors
Where theres smoke theres fire. I agree with the consesus that Dave has done an outstanding job and sacraficed so much for the game here, but when your child reaches a certain age you send them to school to help them grow, the AMNRL needs to go to school and Dave needs to let it go.