What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMNRL merges with union entity

Karl

Juniors
They need ONE governing body over there. They should be made to merge with some sort of geographical distribution of responsibility but one operating entity. To do it any other way is just plain stupid. They can have an East Coast and a West Coast Conference or something.

Who runs the RLIF?

They need ONE governing body over there. They should be made to merge with some sort of geographical distribution of responsibility but one operating entity. To do it any other way is just plain stupid. They can have an East Coast and a West Coast Conference or something.

Who runs the RLIF?

Idiots,

IMO I think AMNRL needs to be striped of there status, and all there representatives stood down and then the USARL should be appointed.

What is going on is a complete mess and totally unacceptable, there is no transparency.

Also members of the RLIF need standing down as well, offcourse none of the above will happen.

mother rucker

Juniors
I have stated this many times before. RLIF/RLEF, it doesn’t really matter who recognizes the AMNRL or USARL. Neither one of the organization’s are recognized my the USA. Where in neither one of them can claim a national team.
In the United States there is a LAW. Its called the Ted Stevens ACT where in the US Congress had allocated that the USOC (US Olympic Committee) handle the MGB status of USA international teams that compete in international top level competition. Ie WORLD CUP. The AMNRL has never and does not fall under the requirements to be the MGB in the United States.

druzik

Juniors
Grand Prix Entertainment: What Does it Mean for Rugby League in the USA?

May 18th, 2012
By Daniel Andruczyk

Last weeks news of the acquisition of the American national Rugby League by Grand Prix Entertainment group has been one of the big pieces of news to come out of the United States since they qualified for the Rugby league World Cup in 2013 last autumn in Chester, New Jersey. For years we all have stood on the sidelines waiting in anticipation, every time we heard an announcement that there was going to be a professional competition in the United States and that the competition will grow and become professionalized. And for so many years we have been disappointed. To the point where many of the team in early 2011 were so frustrated by this that they broke away to form their own competition.

Read more...

mother rucker

Juniors
"QUOTE"
How does this play with the Tomahawks and their preparations to the world cup next year?
“While Union Rugby is clearly the “NFL” of world rugby, Rugby League is a bitchen sport, totally appeals to the American football fan, and one we are fully behind. We will fund and support the AMNRL’s efforts to field the greatest team possible, and make every effort to win the RLIF 2013 World Cup. The days of American Rugby, regardless of ‘code’, being satisfied with “a competitive show by the boys” is OVER. We want to do what every American sports team, player and fan wants to do…. WIN!”
“We don’t believe in ties, and we don’t believe in second place. We think all our champions are world champions. And we want our rugby champions to be world champions. Simply put, Grand Prix is committed to winning every World Cup and every Olympics. With money, and America’s athletes, nothing else should be acceptable should it?”

We shall see. Don't think so though..

Rampart66

Juniors
Great interview, Daniel. Thank you for taking the time to try and get some answers for everyone.

It seems many of the answers were pretty vague, especially this exchange:

Another important question is, how much of the money (if any) will the clubs see?
“As much as they dare to risk playing for.”

This whole this is definitely a "wait and see" type of situation and we'll see if anything really changes or makes a huge difference in the landscape of rugby league in that states. There's been all of the talk about Star Group in the past few years and that deal hasn't really advanced the game any more than what it was beforehand. I'm cautiously optimistic with all of the other people involved and hoping for good things.

druzik

Juniors
Great interview, Daniel. Thank you for taking the time to try and get some answers for everyone.

It seems many of the answers were pretty vague, especially this exchange:

Another important question is, how much of the money (if any) will the clubs see?
“As much as they dare to risk playing for.”

This whole this is definitely a "wait and see" type of situation and we'll see if anything really changes or makes a huge difference in the landscape of rugby league in that states. There's been all of the talk about Star Group in the past few years and that deal hasn't really advanced the game any more than what it was beforehand. I'm cautiously optimistic with all of the other people involved and hoping for good things.

I had all the same questions as everyone and wanted answers. i asked and its what I got. I have not changed anything that was sent to me.

Bit disappointed the USARL didn't get back to me, I gave everyone 3 days.

I am not intending to bias the article either way... just ask the questions.

I am very curious about the money involved though.

Fighter

Juniors
I had all the same questions as everyone and wanted answers. i asked and its what I got. I have not changed anything that was sent to me.

Bit disappointed the USARL didn't get back to me, I gave everyone 3 days.

I am not intending to bias the article either way... just ask the questions.

I am very curious about the money involved though.

What is there for Peter to respond to Druzik, it has absolutely nothing to do with us. The USARL do not know any details of the GPR & AMNRL relationship, other than that in the press release on their website, nor the impact it will have on the AMNRL.

The USARL will continue to conduct our 2012 season as planned.

druzik

Juniors
What is there for Peter to respond to Druzik, it has absolutely nothing to do with us. The USARL do not know any details of the GPR & AMNRL relationship, other than that in the press release on their website, nor the impact it will have on the AMNRL.

The USARL will continue to conduct our 2012 season as planned.

I understand. Fair enough.

Just trying to be thorough and covering all bases.

gyallop

Juniors
Homer
The Australian Rugby League Commission Limited , a company, now "owns" the game in Australia. The directors are the shareholders who appoint their own replacement on retirement. The NRL partners including News Ltd ( the media giant) appointed the directors.
The Qld Rugby League Limited, a company, manages the game in Qld. It is not a regional representative body (I think you called it) and on restructure only 3 from a board of 8 are regional representatives so the "people" do not control the game.
NSW Rugby League Limited , a company, manages the game in NSW but the only person here who knoes how that is controlled is Geoff Carr who runs it like a fiefdom.
It is a very romantic view to think that the game in Australia is remotely linked control wise to the "people" in some democratic process, there is a tangled and undisclosed series of agreements between groups within the game. Since 1997 the major relationship is the confidential deal between the NRL and the broadcasters ( one of which was an owner of the game) if anyone doesnt think that was more messed up from a position of conflict and transparency than anything that has happened in the USA or any where else than they are clueless!

gyallop

Juniors
Mother Rucker The Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act deals only with effectively olympic sports , it has no bearing on any other national bodies as best I can find , for instance the NBA makes no claim in that regard??

Evil Homer

Staff member
Democracy in terms of sport does not involve everyone having an equal say, it does not mean that the game is owned by 'the people'. You've tried to use this argument before and it's absolutely ridiculous because no sporting body in the world could ever operate in that way. What it does mean is having a fair constitution and a set procedure for the appointment and removal of officers, with accountability and transparency, none of which are present in the AMNRL which appears to operate solely on the whim of one man and his close friends. Of course sport is administrated by 'companies' at all levels, they are governing bodies formed specifically to run the sport, not third party companies looking for a profit. I didn't mention 'regional representative bodies' and I don't know what that is. The fact that governing bodies have corporate arms is completely irrelevant. The ARLC could not 'sell' the sport to another company, or be bought out. It's not comparable in any way to the situation with the AMNRL. You've admitted that the situation with News Corp and the Super League war was a mess, that doesn't justify the AMNRL going down the same route, in fact it's a pretty strong argument against it.

gyallop

Juniors
I wasnt raising a debate , just presenting some actual verifiable fact. In the USA it seems we have 2 models neither of which is really acceptable, the USARL led by clubs (individual self interest wiull always kill that model) and the AMNRL which you say you know nothing about but its lack of transparency is a real issue. Do you support the ARLC model or is there some other model that should be considered?

mother rucker

Juniors
Mother Rucker The Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act deals only with effectively olympic sports , it has no bearing on any other national bodies as best I can find , for instance the NBA makes no claim in that regard??

The NBA is not the MGB for basketball because the Olympic team is open to collage and armature players as well. The USA soccer team is registered but, soccer is not an Olympic sport. The USA Eagles and USA rugby were registered long before 7’s was planed to be in the Olympics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Stevens_Olympic_and_Amateur_Sports_Act

(a) Short Title.— This chapter may be cited as the “Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act”.
(b) Definitions.— For purposes of this chapter—
(1)“amateur athlete” means an athlete who meets the eligibility standards established by the national governing body or paralympic sports organization for the sport in which the athlete competes.
(2)“amateur athletic competition” means a contest, game, meet, match, tournament, regatta, or other event in which amateur athletes compete.
(3)“amateur sports organization” means a not-for-profit corporation, association, or other group organized in the United States that sponsors or arranges an amateur athletic competition.
(4)“corporation” means the United States Olympic Committee.
(5)“international amateur athletic competition” means an amateur athletic competition between one or more athletes representing the United States, individually or as a team, and one or more athletes representing a foreign country.
(6)“national governing body” means an amateur sports organization that is recognized by the corporation under section 220521 of this title.
(7)“paralympic sports organization” means an amateur sports organization which is recognized by the corporation under section 220521 of this title.
(8)“sanction” means a certificate of approval issued by a national governing body.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:8tkPQqOZPQkJ:www.mayouthsoccer.org/UserFiles/file/ted_stevens_olympic_and_amateur_sports_act.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESj-2zqNvJIHuDCLzRJ34DDkfsHwtqElhLykAx1xHUMc-HthjkwfMOh6XdtYciVJ82moPQ13KfmFwuuYyL4r8QVENCXJobGKbzGJPJbAbeOgLSxiNgkk4AY3CaCtvB_ThmVqmXZ7&sig=AHIEtbSdkgkDf5G3EMs5EbxJs2NIZt2UUw&pli=1

You can’t just put USA on a jersey and say you’re the national representative in the United States.