What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

and the real racist is ?

Southernsaint

Staff member
This will make seeing Indian blood on the pitch at the WACA even more entertaining.

I hope Lee "accidentally" lets fly with a few beamers...

Father Ted

First Grade
The second tee shirt in particular is very nasty imo , don't know how they can call us racist and then sell those ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There's market for everything Father, and there's always someone ready to make a quick buck.

I seen similar stuff in Australia, especially in the last 10 years.

A brief flurry of bumper stickers saying 'f**k off back to where you came from' - or words to that effect - seem to pop up about five years ago. Nothing tongue-in-cheek about them either, just plain racial hatred.

The Cronulla race riot rings a bell too.

Of course some folks still think that incident is about blaming the 'other side'.

dragonfire

Bench
seriously, i think a guy getting banned for three matches for calling someone a monkey is rubbish. If Andrew Symonds was upset at that then he has got some real problems, heck i wouldnt be surprised if he returned in kind with some choice words of his own... i m also guessing that the verbal 'attack' came out of nowhere, the taunting comes from both sides. Its a competitive sport and the Australians are teh most ruthless cricketers in the world, heck i think they are damaging test cricket by the ridiculousness of the scores and beatings they put down on other teams.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
dragonfire said:
seriously, i think a guy getting banned for three matches for calling someone a monkey is rubbish.
Well unless Habajan was living under a rock, he must have known that it was considered a racial slur.

Every man and his dog was on notice about this, but he had a go anyway.
dragonfire said:
If Andrew Symonds was upset at that then he has got some real problems,
Perhaps he's just one these blokes who thinks there no room for racism in sport.
dragonfire said:
heck i wouldnt be surprised if he returned in kind with some choice words of his own...
You're just making stuff up now.

Father Ted

First Grade
Willow said:
There's market for everything Father, and there's always someone ready to make a quick buck.

A brief flurry of bumper stickers saying 'f**k off back to where you came from' - or words to that effect - seem to pop up about five years ago. Nothing tongue-in-cheek about them either, just plain racial hatred.

Of course some folks still think that incident is about blaming the 'other side'.

Busted some guy in the papers the other day planning Cronulla riots mark II . The human race we never learn .

The Preacher

First Grade
Willow said:
Every man and his dog was on notice about this.

My dog was pretty pissed off about this!! Everyone could call him a dog, but he wasn't allowed to bark a reply!!!:x

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:

I remember seeing "Osama bin Laden 9/11" t-shirts on sale in Thailand in 2002. Should've bought one, that'd be something for the Time Capsule under the Gregson Performing Arts Centre...

Latest posts