What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another billionaire wants to buy us...

I swear to god, if somehow the knights nanna brigade manage to somehow block something like this and he ends up buying to sharks and they become dominant I will find it hard to keep supporting this rabble.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Didn't the NRL try and appoint a CEO for them to sort their shit out but the board essentially told them to f**k off? Yeah, can't see them being easy for someone to buy either. In fact I bet the NRL would be warning Koukash to not even bother after their attempt to help.

Given that DCE is seriously entertaining the thought of leaving for Parra (I believe he is going to leave Manly under duress thanks to the bullying of senior players) we need to move fast cos a guy like Koukash could at least bring a player of the calibre to the table. Yesterday I said no chance on DCE leaving but the train of thought now is Manly may have no choice but to let him go given five players are threatening to walk. IMO Manly should let all five go. All at the backend of their careers. DCE is a generational player.

aqua_duck

Coach
Dr K is certainly keen isn't he? Reminds me of a situation where the best looking girl wants. To date you but your family oppose it because they fear they might lose you

perverse

Referee
Seems like a guy who gets what he wants. Most rich and successful people are. Of course, I probably said the same about Tinks.

I definitely agree that there's an overly large amount of bad sentiment re: Tinks. The split hasn't exactly been clean or amicable for all parties - but I definitely agree with the thoughts that he has brought us a lot further forward than we would have got without him - and that we should be grateful at the end of the day. I hope history will paint him in a more pleasant light once the dust settles.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
I have a sinking feeling the NRL might actually be more against this than the fans. Not sure what's giving me that impression though.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I swear to god, if somehow the knights nanna brigade manage to somehow block something like this and he ends up buying to sharks and they become dominant I will find it hard to keep supporting this rabble.

10-15 years and we're free from their tyranny. Modern medicine has a lot to answer for keeping that lot alive as long as it has.

Yosh

Coach
I think we need two or three really good forwards ahead of DCE. I would love DCE at the club but he might suffer playing behind our pack.

slotmachine

First Grade
why is anyone talking about DCE?

a big sydney club or brisbane will give him $1m+ per year easy. we'd have to be close to $1.4m to get his agent to pick up the phone.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Quayle said the NRL had not ruled out further private ownership for the Knights, but the club would always retain its ties to the Newcastle community.
"There is nothing wrong with that, as long as the structure is set up so that if a partner comes in and then goes out, the club always remains viable," he said. "That is what we must get right this time."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ul-harragon-20140724-zwkh2.html#ixzz38NHr1v00

Noname36

First Grade

Knight Vision

First Grade
Sadly I don't think it's going to be us tbh. All signs have pointed to us dragging our feet about wanting to go down that route. If we knew we had a new owner coming on board I doubt we'd be cutting so many positions. The article also says a "top" NRL club which isn't us either.

Good lord I hope you're wrong. I'm tired of Newcastle not living up to her potential. Tired of being plundered by better resourced clubs.

Noname36

First Grade
Good lord I hope you're wrong. I'm tired of Newcastle not living up to her potential. Tired of being plundered by better resourced clubs.

I hope I'm wrong too, but if he really is taking over a club in the next few days (which I'm not convinced about either given he was in talks with 3 clubs just days ago) the timing doesn't fit it being us IMO.

Rusty

Juniors
That explains Harragon's resignation and his "doing things the Newcastle way" rant. Based on that comment, I could see how he would have an issue with the takeover.

Koukash is a very clever operator and from all accounts we are the club he wants.. I also feel if it was another club the Tele would be all over it. Just my gut feeling. Nothing more.