What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another reason to dislike the Dragons

Edward

Juniors
With the 2013 season approaching I thought it was a good time to start this thread.

I was at a function recently where Wayne Bennett was the guest speaker (non-rugby league related).

He was saying when he came down to the Dragons he did not know about the Sydney "rivalries" and "tribalism". When his contract came up for renewal Dragons captain Ben Hornby and club stalwart Dean Young informed him of how damaging him signing with South Sydney would be to the Dragons supporter base.

This was (one) of the main reasons, and in his words, a significant reason, why he did not sign with South Sydney.

Liddell

Juniors
Pretty sure everyone knows the real reason the went to the Knights. $2mill per year wasn't it?

Maguire wouldn't be on half of that and lead us to the top four, while Bennett had a better squad than Stone the year before and missed the 8.

As for what Hornby and Young said, good on them. Young wouldn't remember a thing about his time with Bennett after G.I snapped him in two last year anyway.

Big man

Juniors
All I can say thank god for Young and Hornby, otherwise we would of had Bennett here rather than Maguire.

Zinga

Juniors
It worked out well for us with Madge now in charge, I wouldnt swap him for anyone!