What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Laffranci to gold coast

Crippler

Juniors
Very underrated prop Anthony laffranci of wests tigers who came from the QLD today re-signed for 1 year according to the tigers main website

now that is looking very much like he will join gold coast when he comes in.

nothing official but likely

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I thought I read somewhere that Wests were't going to sign players for 1 year.

Good player who will only get better with Bailey there with him.

Davester

Juniors
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

He may want to go there, he may not. He may want to see how all goes with the Tigers before staying long term. Different possibilites. I wont worry unless he's permitted to talk to the Gold Coast or is performing heaps well and isn't re-signed before June 30 2006.

Eric Grothe Jnr signed last year with Parramatta for only year but has his contract extended for 2 years so this doesn't worry me.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
It's obvious he's eyeing a move to the GC but you may be right. If the Tigers have a big year it may chang his mind. And with players like Marshall, Prince, Farah, Fulton and Harrison along with O'hara in the side they only way is up for them.

Davester

Juniors
Kingytek said:
I think he may just want the option.
I think most NRL players would like to have more options then less. By signing 1 yr means he has one more option then normal and that would be an extra nrl club to choose from. It's just smart!

Very well said Kingytek, saw that in the other forum...

Franko

Juniors
I'll be very intrigued at to how the Gold Coast stay under the salary cap in their first year.
With the likes of Bailey and Campbell and the rumoured Brian Carney signing.
They wont be allowed an exemption, Souths weren't when they come back so it would be injustice if were given one.
PLus if they went over the first couple of years they would have to work on getting it back down which would only go backwards.

I hope they play it right and buy some top class players but a lot of youth to build a side. Souths messed it up and are only just starting to show levelled heads and get things back on track.

i dont think he will leave or maybe im just hopeing he wont him and galea are a vital part of our side if we lose both of them i dont think tigers will ever make the finals

bender

Juniors
Tidus_Raider said:
It's obvious he's eyeing a move to the GC but you may be right. If the Tigers have a big year it may chang his mind. And with players like Marshall, Prince, Farah, Fulton and Harrison along with O'hara in the side they only way is up for them.
Or maybe if he has a poor year, the Tigers will release him?

I think he will struggle to get a contract with Gold Coast (although i admit i have never really watched him all that much). Being a local junior (ie from Murwillumbah) he is probably worth a contract if he is prepared to come at the right price. I definitely wouldnt break the bank to buy him.

I think he will struggle to get a contract with Gold Coast (although i admit i have never really watched him all that much). Being a local junior (ie from Murwillumbah) he is probably worth a contract if he is prepared to come at the right price. I definitely wouldnt break the bank to buy him.

i thought Murwillumbah was in nsw how is he a local junior?

Kingytek

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
i thought Murwillumbah was in nsw how is he a local junior?
Murwillumbah is about 20mins south of Tweed Heads, there isnt that much to do in M'bah so most people spend their time up on the coast.

Darth Bobo

Laffranchi would be a loss to the Tigers. He's not your raw-meat-eating-dencorub-head-rubbing front rower but he is a solid forward who does his job and is getting better at it.

I really hope we go too well next year for him to leave..........but not just for his sake. ;-)

Kingytek

Juniors
Kingytek said:
Murwillumbah is about 20mins south of Tweed Heads, there isnt that much to do in M'bah so most people spend their time up on the coast.

Also Murwillumbah played in the Gold Coast Group 18 Comp.
We played in the Gold Coast comp since we were 13.

Vicious

Bench
He`ll obviously seriously consider playing for the GC, but i think you`ll find that it`s far from a foregone conclusion as yet?