What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl plans for a 20 team comp

Perth Red

Post Whore
PNG talent pool vs wa talent pool
Which place has produced the most NRL players in last 10 years? And aussie tax payers have spent millions over there already lol.
Corrupt places like PNG are bottomless holes where money just disappears into and nothing much to show for it comes out the other end.

blue bags

First Grade
Location is only a small part of bids
Everyone has a different criteria. Priority. Idea's
About expansion
Some say it's tv money.
It's location. Dot's on maps
Junior growth
Population
Government money PNG
Expanding player pool
Bla bla blah
My belief is expansion should be a combination of all priorities and
The strongest combination should get a franchise

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
Bears are a perfect fit for Adelaide. they can own the club outright and impose on themselves whatever non negotiables they like. There is no backing or momentum for an Adelaide club locally that I can see so it would need someone like the Bears to make it a reality.
Spot on, the Bears would be the perfect fit for Adelaide (a location that doesn't currently have a bid) - let Perth advance their own Pirates bid that's already "good to go".

Wb1234

Referee
With the nrl increasing the grant by 2 million per club nrl clubs become even more profitable

the nrl should be charging Perth Brisbane 3 and Christchurch license fees of 20 to 50 million each

final say

Juniors
With the nrl increasing the grant by 2 million per club nrl clubs become even more profitable

the nrl should be charging Perth Brisbane 3 and Christchurch license fees of 20 to 50 million each
... kinda counter productive mate..
We want new clubs to grow and prosper, probably want them to have more money, not less.
I couldn't actually think of a better place for the NRL to be spending money..not pulling it!

Vlad59

Juniors
Perth and NZ2 are absolute musts. Personally I’m not sold on another SEQLD team. The titans are still trying to find their place and the dolphins are just getting their footing. Maybe I’m crazy but I think 3 teams is enough to cover the region. Maybe in 10 years time I’ll look at things differently but I doubt it.

Im really not sold at all on PNG and it just seems like a huge risk for the NRL who are rising high right now. Are the benefits really worth all the risk? I’m not convinced at all.

Id like to see an Adelaide team to compete the national comp, something the AFL will never be able to do (I know Tasmania is missing but I don’t think you need a team there for a national comp). I’m not sure if there is enough demand of someone willing to make it happen.
Forget Tassie

Wb1234

Referee
... kinda counter productive mate..
We want new clubs to grow and prosper, probably want them to have more money, not less.
I couldn't actually think of a better place for the NRL to be spending money..not pulling it!
Nrl salary cap 12.5
Current nrl grant 17.5 million
Proposed new nrl grant 19.5 million

final say

Juniors
Nrl salary cap 12.5
Current nrl grant 17.5 million
Proposed new nrl grant 19.5 million
So what will you be doing with this money taken from Rugby league?
... grow Rugby league?
You're not making any sense mate.

If we put a new club in like the Dolphins.. you want them to pay the NRL... if the NRL wants to grow the game.. they'd probably be investing in the newest club..and just give it back.

Wb1234

Referee
So what will you be doing with this money taken from Rugby league?
... grow Rugby league?
You're not making any sense mate.

If we put a new club in like the Dolphins.. you want them to pay the NRL... if the NRL wants to grow the game.. they'd probably be investing in the newest club..and just give it back.

Arlc buy more hotels

each team is worth 50 million and growing

Latest posts