What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony mundine comeback?

stormbati

Bench
40 year old Mundine would probably be better than some of the plodders around.
Wouldn't mind a 9s appearance but doubt he could handle NRL at his age and weight.

God-King Dean

Immortal
haha.

He doesn't even have to do anything, & he has everyone's panties in a bunch.

Stop pretending you hate the Australians greatest athlete, & admit you love Anthony.

GW.

Juniors
You'll probably find there are only really a couple of clubs he would really entertain going though. Mainly because of his family and business interests being in Sydney but also a few other reasons.
As below;

Bulldogs- For his people (M,uslim).

Souths- For his people (Aboriginie).

St G'Illawarra-Redemption/previous club.

I'd have my money on the dogs tbh. We have great halves but if Reynolds or Hokko are out we are rather thin on the ground, and thats where choc would come in.
Just speculation on my part.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
5 pages for this thread?

In Grand Final Week?

the off season has come a week early.

if daley was "running on old legs" when he was in his late 20's/early 30's what would mundane be doing if he came back? :-k

another f**king publicity stunt. i really wish he'd f**k off and leave league alone and go drive buses. he chose to go another direction years ago, move the f**k on. dont keep bringing up league to sell your fight. it's like someone breaking up with their GF and then when their ex does well they keep bringing up the fact they used to date them

WaznTheGreat

Referee
NRL would never allow an 80 year old like Mundine who hasn't played League in 50 years to return

Mundine has won this troll battle by the length of the Awapuni straight

Kiwi

First Grade
I'm hearing string word in the community that Anthony's looking for one last hurrah in the nrl.
The story goes that if he doesn't win his next fight he will call it in and seek an NRL contract.
This was before the fight that just was and the words were 'next couple of fights' so very interesting off season.
Another reason to hope he loses lol.

I think he would be a great cheap pickup for a club who needs depth in the halves like cronulla etc.
He may be older than most but he was the best there was at the turn of the century and obviously he is fitter than most (if not all) nrl players - and although his reflexes may not be good enough to win world title bouths it wil be good for the nrl

It's worth a contract for publicity and the marketing dream alone.
Like sharks with beau Ryan and grothe etc

Go home Mundine you're drunk

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Then the DT can write a puff piece during Ramadan, detailing how great an athlete he is for playing without food and water because some imaginary fella told him he had to!

GW.

Juniors
Guys,
I dont mean to bring up an old thread, but since I made this post that no one believed, the truth came out.

Now I want toknow, has anyone heard any more news on it in the last 2 months since talk died down a bit?

Haffa

Guys,
I dont mean to bring up an old thread, but since I made this post that no one believed, the truth came out.

Now I want toknow, has anyone heard any more news on it in the last 2 months since talk died down a bit?
He was on Triple M a few weeks ago talking about it. Said he's at his peak etc. 9s would be fun but he has the hunger and the abilities to play in the NRL.

What he was really doing was trying to plug a potential fight with Danny Green.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Guys,

Who's this?

Latest posts