What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any news from Red V forum tonight?

Wobbygong

First Grade
Anything??

Are we definitely back at Kogarah next year?
Signings any others, other than Costigan?
anything, something

I heard on the WORL forum Graeme Wynn is coaching our Flegg side.

Godz Illa

Coach
I enjoyed it!

Signings wise:

Darius Boyd not confirmed, but from the things Craig Young was saying (talking up his rep credentials, saying he'll play for Australia one day etc), appears to be all but signed.

Gorrell and Ndaira were looked at, but are off the agenda.

Tonie Carroll is on the agenda. Alberts words were something like Wayne Bennett is waiting to see if he is capable of going another year in the NRL.

Dave Taylor not on agenda.

Todd Carney definite no. Doust implied with zero attempt at subtlety that Browny has nabbed him for Huddersfield.

Michael Lett was listed in the 09 squad, safe to assume he has re-signed.

Pretty much every current Under 20's player is under contract for next season, most will be eligible for that comp again.

Seeking to upgrade Creagh but Bennett wants to chat with him first.

That was it for signings etc. Anything else specific you curious about?

InFlames

Juniors
Thanks Godz. Great to hear Lett is still in the mix, great potential in that young player. Im very surprised to hear how much was revealed in that forum. Good to hear Boyd is still on the books too.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Thanks Godzilla much appreciated.

Good re Kogarah.

I went to last years one and they had the list for the season ahead and it always gives you an idea on who of the fringe players are in their plans ie Lett is obviously -Guys like Webb, Reyno and Ellis etc more than liklely won't be.

So that earth shattering news that the Huddersfield CEO was set to announce on the weekend was re the The Barking Urinator..........

Wobbygong

First Grade
No assistants mentioned, I heard Price was to be Benny assistant, but was still coaching the Twenties? I thought that would be hard to keep doing both?

Good news about Wynn and Sorridimi getting back involved at the club.

Godz Illa

Coach
No mention of Price being Wayne's assistant but it was confirmed that he will be coaching the 20's. Scott Campbell was also confirmed to be returning to the Dragons as the strength and conditioning man

Jasdragon

Juniors
I enjoyed it!

Signings wise:

Darius Boyd not confirmed, but from the things Craig Young was saying (talking up his rep credentials, saying he'll play for Australia one day etc), appears to be all but signed.

Gorrell and Ndaira were looked at, but are off the agenda.

Tonie Carroll is on the agenda. Alberts words were something like Wayne Bennett is waiting to see if he is capable of going another year in the NRL.

Dave Taylor not on agenda.

Todd Carney definite no. Doust implied with zero attempt at subtlety that Browny has nabbed him for Huddersfield.

Michael Lett was listed in the 09 squad, safe to assume he has re-signed.

Pretty much every current Under 20's player is under contract for next season, most will be eligible for that comp again.

Seeking to upgrade Creagh but Bennett wants to chat with him first.

That was it for signings etc. Anything else specific you curious about?

Sounds like it was quite informative. Still sounds positive about Boyd which is really good pitty about Taylor though :(.

timma

Juniors
I can't wait to be back at kogarah for next year , i hate travellen to bloody homebush to watch the Mighty Dragons . Now i can travel 15mins to watch the Mighty Dragons :music1:

I hope the Dragons sign Darius Boyd aswell , he will fit in nicely to replace Gaz and J morris

RED V - LOUD AND PROUD

Godz Illa

Coach
How many people showed up?

Out of the coaching staff/admin, who was there? Brown?
About 100 people would be my guess.

Brown was not there. Craig Young, Gasnier, Nightingale. Some of the other club staff like the Membership Manager, Events Manager etc.

Godz Illa

Coach
Willow... Doust said there will not be a "Dragons" team in the NSWRL Premier League, but they are looking at having some presence there, perhaps an affiliation. The ties with Burleigh, Shellharbour, Carlton League look like they will all remain as well.

Mentioned re-establishing the partnership with the Brisbane Brothers Valleys club - more as a provider of young players though, rather than a place to store our excess players.

watatank

Coach
Thanks for all that information.

Are we retaining the Kennedy brothers and/or Nathan Dureau from NYC? They would be handy options to have in the halves..

Godz Illa

Coach
Kennedy's will be over 20, John was mentioned with Doust saying he would like to keep him but nothing more than that (same for Luke Muttdon). Dureau I didn't see at all. The slide with the 20's squad was a bit of a blur, most of them were signed up, but I can only be 100% on the 'bigger' names that I actually went looking for: Mundine, Merrin, O'Brien, Hancock, Marketo, Whare, Raiwalui, Henry, Cameron King

watatank

Coach
Yeah, should have added that all those players will be overage so their future seems up in the air.

I would like to see us retain Muttdon. He was a gun player a couple of years back and there were huge raps on him by all the people within the Dragons camp. I heard he got injured though and I assume that's why he's no longer in favour but he still looks strong to me, is a brilliant defender and runs great lines.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow... Doust said there will not be a "Dragons" team in the NSWRL Premier League, but they are looking at having some presence there, perhaps an affiliation. The ties with Burleigh, Shellharbour, Carlton League look like they will all remain as well.

Mentioned re-establishing the partnership with the Brisbane Brothers Valleys club - more as a provider of young players though, rather than a place to store our excess players.
Thanks Godz.

Yeah I am aware that they are trying to hook up or re-ignite a Qld connection.

The lack of a NSW Cup side will continue to haunt us imo. I even suspect that the club understands this as well. But hey, its all about cost cutting.

Any affiliation with Brothers is a lost cause until they sort out their basic infrastructure. Doust should know this as well.

Burleigh used to be the feeder club for Canterbury, not sure if they still have a connection, I thought the Titans would have a first dibs there now. But a few Saints players have been running on for Burleigh of late, including Sailor and Setu, so something is definitely brewing.

Its certainly a better option than sending players down to be bashed about in the bush. But its still no Reserve Grade side.

Godz Illa

Coach
Oh another tidbit from the Dousty love-in... and this ties in well with my forum 7's piece this week. Apparently after Browny's awesome post-Storm blow-up, Doust received texts from numerous club CEO's offering to chip on for the $10k fine if the NRL chose to charge one. haha

Latest posts