What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know when the draw for 2006 is out?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
or how they work out the group of 5 teams that don't play each other in the season.

Last year we ended up with Raiders, Dogs, Sharks and Warriors. If only we played 1 of them twice we would of been minor premiers. Parra had Storm, Nth Qld, Sea Eagles & Roosters.

If we got the Minor Premiership it would of been some reward for a good season but instead got nothing thanks to Parra getting a soft draw.

The Preacher

First Grade
Slippery, The draft or conditions of the draw have gone to some computer whiz in Canada that does the draws for all the US and some Euro sports.
When it comes back it's given to the clubs who then say "I want this and I don't want that, so on and so forth".
It then goes back to the whiz. I know for a fact that this process can happen 6 or 7 times before the draw is accepted by the clubs and even then there are still dummyspits when they realise they stuffed up and have a home game on the same day as the marching girls grand jamboree that has been booked for 2 years and they wont move because they booked it and they're more important.
It should be near complete to put in your Xmas stocking.

BD5733

Juniors
They said on the news that the draw will be released within 2 weeks. The Tigers, being Premiers, have asked to play the Dragons in Round 1.

Slippery Morris said:
If we got the Minor Premiership it would of been some reward for a good season but instead got nothing thanks to Parra getting a soft draw.

Yeah, thats why the EELS won the MP :roll:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Two years in a row that the Premiers have asked to play Saints, then...

Dunno why they didn't ask to play the plastic spastics - Premiers vs Minor Premiers. It'd be like soccer's Community Shield...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Who WOULDN'T want to face us RD1? Makes sense really. Choosing to face a team that has only won once in RD1 which can be claimed as a big scalp.

Hopefully this tread ceases

Nugby

Juniors
You know, my girlfriend still refuses to believe that her team asked to play us in the first round last year.