What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone on here own a horse

Surely

Post Whore
Myself and 5 mates bought one at last years winter magic million sales, she has her first jumpout over 400m next monday.

Apparently she is going well, but who knows it's harder to get info out of this guy than blood out of a stone, if she shows some potential, she'll be off to my wifes uncles stable in brisbane.

I'm excited :)

Macca

Coach
I do. Has won a few in the country too. All the best with yours. What's it called?

Surely

Post Whore
Pinszah ... don't ask one of the women came up with it !

Zaha - Serendipity Snip

i dont own one, but my mates old man was talked into becoming a part owner of a promising filly trained by lee freedman......that filly turned out to be ALINGHI!!!!!!!! for his $20k investment he got sh1tloads and after it won the blue diamond they followed it around australia to every race and to the US for its one and only run there

Nuffs

Bench
i'm trying to get a greyhound right now. start small and work my way up to a Melb Cup horse

i've got a couple of little contacts that are looking for me but nothing definite yet

Surely

Post Whore
Macca_ said:
Kinda clever that one :D

Pins (snip) zah.

Yeah better than the alternatives that came up.

I thought the stallion might be ok but looking at his UK results i have my doubts, the dam was a good little filly though. Had a few injuries but raced against the best 2yo's in brissy, 2nd to tellson at her first start.

Lets hope she throws to the dam.

Freak2

Juniors
I have recently purchased a standard bred broodmare.
We are putting her to a Group 1 winning first year sire this year.

The broodmare is by Presidential Ball out of an unraced mare.

Hopefully we will get a nice type.:pray:

les amber

Juniors
I own a 10% share in Rednrich.

I also am in the process of buying a greyhound, out of Brett Lee, its costing me $9,000

Foz

Bench
les amber said:

I also am in the process of buying a greyhound, out of Brett Lee, its costing me $9,000

Good luck today.
Pretty honest horse that one.
Seems to always be there abouts.

Cletus

First Grade
I'd love to own a greyhound. I'm always worried about horses breaking down and if i owned one I'm sure it would!

My old man had an eighth share in a horse in Grafton. Came third once apparently, but dad goes really quiet when I ask what happened to it8-[

Surely

Post Whore
les amber said:

Nice run by him today les.

les amber

Juniors
Red is probably never going to get to the 1800m...

Malcolm Johnson trians him, and he seems to think it will, but i think he is a miler, and i am a bit concerned with the manner that he is ridden. Always straight to the front, sitting duck for the back markers..

If ridden with some cover, he has a turn of foot... probably only a C3 runner...

but he is returning solid numbers

stuke

Bench
i've got a share in 2 trotters with a couple of mates.

yet to see them run as the trainer has been suspended and is slowly getting them back into fitness. should be getting close though to a start.

its all fun though.

Ice777

Bench
I have a share of Fanfares who is trained by Mick Price. She didn't do much as we hoped this prep so she's out now and will come back next year. Also have a share in an unraced 2yo out of Bel Esprsit which is going along quite nicely according to the trainer (Price) so hopefully she's not too far away.

For anyone who gets the winning post, there's a pic on the front page of a white foal that was born in NZ last week which is a 3 quarter sister to Might and Power. Anyway my brother bred her and so depending on what he does with her i might jump in that. Before it was born the plan was to sell it but as soon as it came out that color the price tag went a fair way down.

I'm not sure why but that's just the way it went, it's not to say it won't be able to run and it could be a champion as it still has the very good breeding but that'll remain to be seen. Apparrently there's only been 16 pure white horses ever foaled so she's certainly unique, even more so considering her mum and dad are dark.

And yep, he already decided to call it White and Power as soon as he saw it. What else would you call it? ;-)

Surely

Post Whore
Well the little girl has come through her 400m jumpout in fine fettle, hard to gauge anything though as she ran against an unraced 4yo gelding who is ready to race in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, she was a little lost when they jumped, gave him about two lengths start at the 250m, then she knuckled down and ran him down on the line.

Most pleasing aspect was she went straight as a gun barrel, and wanted to race, kept her head down and stretched out. She pulled up good, no sign of any soreness at all. Jockey said she went really well.

The other good thing is she has really grown, great big arse on her.

Off to the paddock for 4 weeks rest then back in work.