What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone used blackout curtains?

Simo

First Grade
I have a room in the house that I would like to have a projector in one day......it has a window that is about 2.8m wide by 1.5 h, so not to big and was thinking of putting in those blackout curtains to totally darken the room in the day.

Was wondering what sort of cost they are and how effective they are?

2 True Blues

Coach
They are good mate. You can make your own though. Good for sleeping during the day if you work nightwork.

Simo

First Grade
lol.....me make my own! Does that involve any form of sewing/knitting/fabric joinery??

If so, I may be better to get someone else to do it from past experience!!

Good to know they work though, do you know how much they cost you? (or if you actually made yours, is it fancy expensive material?)

2 True Blues

Coach
Just pick some fabric that does not let light thru. You can even double up your existing curtain by placing the thicker fabric to it's rear, ( like i did ).

Cost f**k all. Effort f**k all. effectiveness , darkness in the day time.

akazie

Juniors
We have them in the lounge room and bedrooms, they are great especially in summer. We brought them off our old neighbors for $500, we got a great deal :)

Why not just ring a place like Kresta and get a free quote?

cram

Bench
We have vertical blinds that are black out...got them at Kresta do a great job.