What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZ members bar

born an eel

Bench
Just wondering if the parra members bar is running again this week.

This should be better advertised as after the souths game it appeared to me to only be a few of the people from here in attendance. It is one of the only reasons to attend ANZ for a home game, the service certainly shows up how bad parra stadium is. If only we could have the best of both venues.

Suitman

Post Whore
The attendance after the Rabbitohs game was appalling. Hence, it was quickly closed.
Hopefully, things will be better on Fiday night.

Suity

born an eel

Bench
The attendance after the Rabbitohs game was appalling. Hence, it was quickly closed.
Hopefully, things will be better on Fiday night.

Suity
which is why I am asking is it still on?
if these initiatives aren't supported they will quickly stop.

fish eel

Immortal
tbh I dont even remember seeing anything promoting it for the souths game/ Not saying it wasnt, just I never saw it if it was.

I'd have thought Sunday afternoon would have been the ideal time for something?

Suitman

Post Whore
which is why I am asking is it still on?
if these initiatives aren't supported they will quickly stop.

Exactly. I suppose it has to be sold as an "After Match Function" with players attending to get any sort of roll up.
Being a Friday night might make a difference as well I suppose.

Suity

born an eel

Bench
Exactly. I suppose it has to be sold as an "After Match Function" with players attending to get any sort of roll up.
Being a Friday night might make a difference as well I suppose.

Suity
don't forget it is also open before the game, great place to have a beer and chat while still watching the toyota cup

Gronk

Staff member
Sounds like it's a zillion miles away from our seats. We're in the south-east corner.

Are kids admitted to this area ?

Gronk

Staff member
A 3 minute walk is "a zillion miles away"? :lol:

Suity

tease.gif

I think it is a little disappointing that the players were not available after the game last week. Indeed if there was ever an event to celebrate with the fans, surely it was this one. A sunday afternoon, in an area that is "Members Only" you could even set up a membership stall at the foot of the stairs, to sell some of those new $40 memberships.

But the club management knows best i guess.

I am quite sure all you need to be is a Blue and Gold army member last year to get access, so I would have thought the same, but I didn't get a look at the game day credentials sheets to verify

In saying that I was also disappointed at the ANZ gold members bar, in that the cafe section was closed almost as soon as the whistle went, if not before, that area is supposed to be open for another 30 minutes for members to sit down and relax and talk about the game while the vast majority of fans leave the stadium.

I know it worked a treat at the Warratahs this weekend. Hell we even had a 2 man band playing in the members cafe for an hour or more after that game offically finished. Having said that I lost all interest in the game about 15 minutes in.

fish eel

Immortal
I think it is a little disappointing that the players were not available after the game last week. Indeed if there was ever an event to celebrate with the fans, surely it was this one. A sunday afternoon, in an area that is "Members Only" you could even set up a membership stall at the foot of the stairs, to sell some of those new $40 memberships.

But the club management knows best i guess.

I am quite sure all you need to be is a Blue and Gold army member last year to get access, so I would have thought the same, but I didn't get a look at the game day credentials sheets to verify

In saying that I was also disappointed at the ANZ gold members bar, in that the cafe section was closed almost as soon as the whistle went, if not before, that area is supposed to be open for another 30 minutes for members to sit down and relax and talk about the game while the vast majority of fans leave the stadium.

I know it worked a treat at the Warratahs this weekend. Hell we even had a 2 man band playing in the members cafe for an hour or more after that game offically finished. Having said that I lost all interest in the game about 15 minutes in.

the lack of post match functions used to upset people......

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sounds like it's a zillion miles away from our seats. We're in the south-east corner.

Are kids admitted to this area ?

you can get there quicker by walking accross the arena, come on I dare you to..:badgrin:

Latest posts