What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are any of you who chat in here attached to the governing bo

obsulete

Juniors
Are any of you who chat in here attached to the governing bodies in your state?

I’m not officially, but since moving to SA this year I have become a regular at Hindmarsh and even started playing again, which I hadn’t done since U15’s for Brothers in Townsville over 10 years ago.

This season I’m playing for South Adelaide Bulldogs, and starting from 2 weeks ago have become involved with the only other club south of the city, The Tigers, who are based at Mitchell Park.

I have now been placed in charge of recruitment for the Tigers club and am hoping to become president for next season at our AGM in November.

I want rugby league to work in Adelaide and South Australia. This season South Adelaide, thanks to the efforts and leadership of their Junior President Andrew Unger, have put together the only U13 & U15 tackle rugby league competitions in the state trying to ensure that in the south, at least, we have a heartland with league blood.

Hopefully next season with the support of the Tigers we will be able to provide local representative honours to our junior players and also other clubs will have enough incentive to put more of an effort into getting junior teams on the paddock.

I’m hoping that there are some people in here who are members of clubs or organizations who would like to get an edge over their local competitors and start making contacts and plans around the country to assist each other in gaining not only the players and supporters attention but also the sponsorship dollars.

There is a solid foundation of players here who would be willing to bend over backwards to help the game grow again, but their not going to be here forever, and its going to take alot of work to get sufficient juniors on the field each week to ensure that there is a vibrant future here in South Australia.

LESStar58

Referee
Second to that...all the best with that. I'm in a similar boat...I want a team in my local area in Melbourne and apparently there has been some interest already expressed elsewhere. Hopefully it works out for both of us mate.

obsulete

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Not officially attached, but I do get in touch with a VRL Commissioner a bit.

Your not in Vic tho are you Tamazoid?

I'd really like to form a relationship with a club/s in other affiliated states who are just starting out so we can work together.

Not that I'm thinking big tours for next season or anything, I dont even have a team in any grade to field for the Tigers at this stage. But over the next couple of seasons the Southern Junior Rep teams (South Adelaide and Tigers juniors) will be looking for opposition outside of Adelaide.

obsulete

Juniors
I've been talking to all the clubs bar the Eels who dont return calls :roll:

And everyone is following South Adelaides lead for next season by forming their own 4 school-minimum Under 13's competitions to be played at each clubs home grounds.

I guess you can only hope at this stage that its a success. But it will go a long was in ensuring the viability of league for the seasons to come.

shaggy

Juniors
my ultimate goal is 2 get sa in the nrl
i live in nsw atm
need 2 look into accomidation & a job b4 i move down 2 sa
i wanna promote rugby league in sa

shaggy

Juniors
havent played league inover 10 yrs
union up until 3 yrs bk
actually im headin down there on tues till sun
whats the deal with finals telecast?