What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we really in danger?

pantherz9103

First Grade
Is our long term survival as a club really in danger due to the pokies tax like a press article said? It sounds worrying.

Is it why we seem to lack money to spend on players?

Fibroman

First Grade
I dont think we're in serious trouble.

The clubs will have to look at some alternative sources of generating income until the issue with the pokie tax is resolved.

I'm sure the fans would close ranks and spend some additional money if it meant the difference between the team staying or going under.

choc_soldier

Coach
I'd contribute towards a "fighting fund", if it ever got to that.

However, I'm confident we'll survive in the long term as a stand alone team.

But if we had to merge with Parramatta or someone else if it meant the ongoing survival of my beloved Panthers, I'll swallow the bitter pill.

Caged Panther

First Grade
There is no way we're in trouble for any number of reasons. The newspapers like to sensationalise the situation by saying the leagues club lost $5million. In actually fact I believe the figure was $4.1 million. ANd unlike alot of other clubs we don't have any debt and are currently undergoing a major redevelopment, which one would assume if we're smart is designed to increase our revenues in areas away from the poker machines.

murraymob

Coach
the club is the most asset rich in the nrl. We own 14 other clubs .We are no different in the fact money. from those clubs are down .But we are in no danger from going under or merging

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
the club is the most asset rich in the nrl. We own 14 other clubs .We are no different in the fact money. from those clubs are down .But we are in no danger from going under or merging

Indeed Penrith have the largest amount of Junior Rugbly league teams in the world.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
My dad told me that the club needs to drill down into different levels of income generation with a work breakdown structure that will have a strategic fit that will be robust enough to sustain a client focussed synergy focussed on corporate best practice.

My dad is a galoot.

Stagger eel

Staff member

there in lies the issue Murray, I hear the amount of combined tax you guys are paying is monstrious and I believe there's nervous dirtectors out your way.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I agree that your dad is a galoot.

I think we will survive. As long as they don't sell out to AFL. ;-)

Fibroman

First Grade
Ease up. Pantha boy has been playing buzzword bingo with me and it has gone to his swelled head.

choc_soldier

Coach
My dad told me that the club needs to drill down into different levels of income generation with a work breakdown structure that will have a strategic fit that will be robust enough to sustain a client focussed synergy focussed on corporate best practice.

My dad is a galoot.

What club's annual report did you lift that slab of info from?

Just reading the Josh Massoud blog on the tele website and he reckons that the two clubs most in danger of folding are Penrith and the Sharks. That was a shock for me, after all the sh!t in the media this week, I thought Souths would be first cab off the rank.

Just reading the Josh Massoud blog on the tele website and he reckons that the two clubs most in danger of folding are Penrith and the Sharks. That was a shock for me, after all the sh!t in the media this week, I thought Souths would be first cab off the rank.

yes and he provides no evidence or explanation as to his thinking .

Fibroman

First Grade
Typically clubs that are situated in areas with an older demographic do a bit better.

All Penrith clubs are struggling at the moment because there are alot of young families out here that simply don't have the disposable income they had 2-3 years ago. The pokie tax and no smoking just put the nail in the coffin.

Fibroman

First Grade
We are destroying our assets in the western suburbs.

Every KDR see's another beautiful fibro home off to the scrap heap, replaced by scabby 2 storey townhouses.

I say we keep the fibro homes and attach canvas annexures to them.

I say we stand and fight for our asbestos! Say no to property development! I say we heritage list every fibro home west of Parramatta.

cainen

Juniors
There is no way we're in trouble for any number of reasons. The newspapers like to sensationalise the situation by saying the leagues club lost $5million.

Newscorp lost somewhere in the vicinity of $11 billion in 2002. Seems to be doing alright now.

Dave Q

Coach
We are destroying our assets in the western suburbs.

Every KDR see's another beautiful fibro home off to the scrap heap, replaced by scabby 2 storey townhouses.

I say we keep the fibro homes and attach canvas annexures to them.

I say we stand and fight for our asbestos! Say no to property development! I say we heritage list every fibro home west of Parramatta.

A statue of a 1970's dad putting his fist into the hallwaywhen he mislaid the keys to the Belmont.

Latest posts