What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you kidding me! Part 2!

I guess some are easily impressed. Like the excitement amongst so many south fans at losin 3 out of 4 to kick off a season. The game was like abbot and costello vs the 3 stooges. If the tigers continue to
play like that shit get some cash on em for the wooden spoon. I was watching the game with my mate who goes for the tig's and to be honest he spent the whole game laughing at his team as much as I did mine!

There is no doubt we have a shit load to work on (and then some),but as any Souths supporter would know,last Sunday are the games we would normally lose.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
R1 v Roosters - A game in which Souths deserved to win, but lost
R2 v Storm - A game in which Souths were competitive for about 60 minutes and then were blown away by the current benchmark team
R3 v Panthers - A game in which Souths utterly dominated their competition
R4 v Brisbane - A game in which Souths lead for 54 minutes and then succumbed to what many deemed the second most in-form team of the early season
R5 v Tigers - A game in which Souths deserved to lose, but won

R1 and R5 even each other out and R3 was obviously a very good win. I'd argue R2 and R4 were respectable losses, in the end.

Considering Souths have a new coach and a new halfback, I think the situation isn't too bad.

I would have liked to see them dominate the out-of-form Tigers and the Roosters ambush was obviously very disappointing, but the foundation is there to build a solid season.

I don't see why you have your knickers in so tight a twist, pierced.

The test now is to see how they manage with the Burgess injury. I worry about Taylor's attitude now that he's signed elsewhere and it's out that Maguire didn't want him anyway. Time will tell.

pierced

Juniors
R1 v Roosters - A game in which Souths deserved to win, but lost
R2 v Storm - A game in which Souths were competitive for about 60 minutes and then were blown away by the current benchmark team
R3 v Panthers - A game in which Souths utterly dominated their competition
R4 v Brisbane - A game in which Souths lead for 54 minutes and then succumbed to what many deemed the second most in-form team of the early season
R5 v Tigers - A game in which Souths deserved to lose, but won

R1 and R5 even each other out and R3 was obviously a very good win. I'd argue R2 and R4 were respectable losses, in the end.

Considering Souths have a new coach and a new halfback, I think the situation isn't too bad.

I would have liked to see them dominate the out-of-form Tigers and the Roosters ambush was obviously very disappointing, but the foundation is there to build a solid season.

I don't see why you have your knickers in so tight a twist, pierced.

The test now is to see how they manage with the Burgess injury. I worry about Taylor's attitude now that he's signed elsewhere and it's out that Maguire didn't want him anyway. Time will tell.
I worry about a lot of the players attitudes. And I have said in posts previously, there is improvement. However we still can't win a game. I don't think saying good effort boys, dam you look good losing, is good sports psychology. Ur review of the season so far to me seems a little off, and there's a whole lot of excuses there. I love souths and am as big a fan as anyone. I'm not going to make excuses for players who couldn't be bothered playing 80 minutes. I don't want to follow the Mundine team of footy. As long as we look sort of good some of the time, winning/losing, it's all the same. Don't u get sick of this EVERY season. Same optimism and same excuses.

t10do

Juniors
Pierced mate, can I just ask, what is your view on Madge and what he has done so far? Be it all of five games. Serious question.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I worry about a lot of the players attitudes. And I have said in posts previously, there is improvement. However we still can't win a game. I don't think saying good effort boys, dam you look good losing, is good sports psychology. Ur review of the season so far to me seems a little off, and there's a whole lot of excuses there. I love souths and am as big a fan as anyone. I'm not going to make excuses for players who couldn't be bothered playing 80 minutes. I don't want to follow the Mundine team of footy. As long as we look sort of good some of the time, winning/losing, it's all the same. Don't u get sick of this EVERY season. Same optimism and same excuses.

I just don't think you're making a balanced assessment, personally.

I think Maguire and Reynolds, in particular, need time to settle in and - in the coach's case - build a better culture at the club. Inglis will need time to develop a well-rounded fullback's game (assuming he stays there, and I think he should). Merrit will return at some point and Corrigan will go back to the Bears.

Meanwhile, Luke is firing and in much better form than he was last year. Defensively the team is better, albeit there's a focus/confidence issue late in games, which I'm sure is high up Maguire's to-do list. (the Tigers result will help with that, I believe).

Losing Burgess (as well as his brother in the CS) is a shame, but injuries happen. His teammates have to step up and I'll judge them accordingly if they don't.

To Maguire's credit, Everingham has been quite good. I hope to see McQueen again soon, though. Anyway, I trust Maguire and I like what I've seen so far.

pierced

Juniors
Pierced mate, can I just ask, what is your view on Madge and what he has done so far? Be it all of five games. Serious question.

I think he's doing all that can be asked of him. The players seem to have a different attitude but only for half a game. If it wasn't for the roosters loss maybe I'd be alittle more patient but South's have always had a die in the arse attitude. Maybe it's so entrenched certain players can't shake it. Two years under Mr dementia can't be an easy thing to shake. I'm just sick of hearin people make the same excuses for poor performance year after year. If Luke gets injured we really are screwed as he is the only play maker we have. I don't think the storm or Brisbane got the better of us, i think we took our foot of the gas. The penrith game I posted that if it wasn't for King having a bad day two tries wouldn't have been scored against us an U have to forgive an occasional bad day from a player. Not a whole playing group who don't seem to get what they are doing there. I would rather have lost against the tigers in an awasome 80 minute game of football that went down to the wire. There was a rumour of Maguire fining players for lowsy training, hope it's true, ive said before he needs time, but certain players are outstaying their welcome!

pierced

Juniors
On a side note, just heard maguire on the line up next week saying the guys came straight off the field admitting they didn't perform. Hopefully they get it together before the season progresses to far. Still 21 weeks to go and I will say once again I do believe it will come eventually.