What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Knight Tales

Juniors
Dolphins are off the pace defensively. Cowboys have holes in their line the Dolphins can’t exploit. I think we are in for a high scoring frenetic game this coming week. Completions will be the deciding factor up there.

Apey

Staff member

NRL great Adam MacDougall makes Australian rich list for Man Shake company​

A two-time NRL premiership winner has made Australia’s rich list for the first time - and his $635m fortune has nothing to do with footy.

Rugby league great Adam MacDougall has found himself on the country’s rich list due to the success of his meal replacement shake company.
MacDougall, a two-time NRL premiership winner with the Newcastle Knights, and his wife Belinda are now worth a staggering $635 million.

The Australian published its list of Australia’s 250 richest people on Friday, with the MacDougall included for the first time at 227 with company Cranky Health.

NRL chief Andrew Abdo and Adam MacDougall with the Man Shake product.

NRL chief Andrew Abdo and Adam MacDougall with the Man Shake product.
The newspaper reports the company’s value skyrocketed after Private Equity Partners made a $400m investment in the business in 2022.

Cranky Health’s flagship product is the Man Shake, which bills itself as a product that “helps everyday Aussie blokes lose weight, feel great and be the best versions of themselves”.

The company also has Lady Shake and Kids Shake products.

Adam MacDougall retired in 2011. Picture: Colin Whelan/nrlphotos.com

Adam MacDougall retired in 2011. Picture: Colin Whelan/nrlphotos.com
Adam MacDougall and his wife Belinda.

Adam MacDougall and his wife Belinda.
MacDougall, known by the nickname “Mad Dog”, studied a Masters of Business during his rugby league career and started the company after retiring in 2011.

In his playing days the 48-year-old was known for his uncompromising style as a winger and centre.

He played in the Knights’ two grand final wins in 1997 and 2001, and represented NSW and Australian 11 times each.

Burwood

Bench
Considering the Man Shake is no longer affiliated with the club or a sponsor, it’s crazy to think that we don’t seem to have any 3rd party deals lined up.

Considering the Man Shake is no longer affiliated with the club or a sponsor, it’s crazy to think that we don’t seem to have any 3rd party deals lined up.
and I'd thought Wests would have business connections enough for us to compete with the Rorters and Murdoch's Broncos.

for mine fixing 3rd party deals are at the top of the to-do-list list. Our inability to secure Dom Young should never happen again - ever.

Rod

Bench
I mean, there's third party deals and then there's what the Roosters did with Dom lol. But you have a point.

I mean, there's third party deals and then there's what the Roosters did with Dom lol. But you have a point.
It's no secret that the top performing clubs are also the top of the tree in TPD's . The Rorters take it to a new level.

The NRL needs to either fix the cap and the sham TPD's or scrap it and may the deepest pockets win ( sort of what it is anyway only without the facade)

Knight Tales

Juniors
It's no secret that the top performing clubs are also the top of the tree in TPD's . The Rorters take it to a new level.

The NRL needs to either fix the cap and the sham TPD's or scrap it and may the deepest pockets win ( sort of what it is anyway only without the facade)
Marquee player allowance outside the cap. Perhaps two players who are exempt. The rest fall under the umbrella with no TPD allowed.

Woody90

Juniors
If there’s one team that can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as well as us it’s the Wahs.

Very likely round 4 in NZ both teams will still be playing for first win.

Nuke

Staff member
I still can't stomach seeing Dom in a Roosters jersey 🤢
That's exactly how I'm feeling. I'm struggling to watch this game just because of this. Hating the Roosters because of their cash splashing. Disliking Dom because he jumped ship first chance he got. Especially to the cash-splashing Roosters.

Hope they all have shit seasons.