What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
How long until our new players lose their spark? Our culture seems to involve new players coming here and doing well for a few weeks until falling into a comfort zone and becoming plodders like the rest of the team (minus dom young). Dane gagai is a prime example as he started strong and then became a liability. Miller has started with high energy. Does anyone want to predict when he starts to let his effort and form slip?

perverse

Referee
How long until our new players lose their spark? Our culture seems to involve new players coming here and doing well for a few weeks until falling into a comfort zone and becoming plodders like the rest of the team (minus dom young). Dane gagai is a prime example as he started strong and then became a liability. Miller has started with high energy. Does anyone want to predict when he starts to let his effort and form slip?
About 2-4 weeks by my estimation yeah.

Apey

Staff member
I do feel a little better about last week because the Warriors look like they have some resilience for the first time in their club's history. Or should I feel bad because we have none.

perverse

Referee
How good is the excuse I keep hearing about “we just need time for the spine to gel”

dolphins beat roosters and are playing pretty decent against raiders

they had literally one pre season for 17+ players to “gel”

Yep. I would say I hope our boys are watching and taking notes, but it's a bit of a laugh to think any of our guys give enough of a shit about football to watch a game of footy on their own time.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Saulo only got 7 minutes per game to show what he can do here.
He was pretty good for us last year despite his limited minutes too. Numbers wouldn't have looked great but gave us some punch and athleticism through the middle. No idea why we let him go so easily.

Yosh

Coach
We look by far the worst team in the NRL. I can't see us not winning the spoon this season. Look at the Doggies actually attacking with the ball. They've thrown more at the Storm in 25 minutes than I've seen us throw in 3 seasons under AOB.

Spot On

Coach
The Chooks and Raiders have been horrific against them. That being said they’ll probably put 40 on us.
Horrific was the Warriors against the Roosters.

That effort was absolutely horrendous.

Inexcusable. Dumb. Pathetic.

Very Knights like.

Yosh

Coach
Kiraz has improved or has shown tons after leaving us. Who said none of our ex-players improve after they leave?

Jono078

Referee
Kyle Flanagan is terrible. Can't believe I entertained the idea of him coming here.

Dogs are probably up by 20 if he wasn't playing tonight.

perverse

Referee
We look by far the worst team in the NRL. I can't see us not winning the spoon this season. Look at the Doggies actually attacking with the ball. They've thrown more at the Storm in 25 minutes than I've seen us throw in 3 seasons under AOB.
Yeah it's actually fun watching them play.