What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arthurs Comments this week

Delboy

First Grade
Dear Parramatta Members and Fans,
It is disappointing to talk to you after a loss like we had in Round 22 but rest assured we did our review early in the week to make sure that we were aware of our deficiencies in defence, or more so our poor attitude that we had in defence.
We have retained the same 17 to give our players a chance to make up for the effort against the Wests Tigers. On Saturday night when we host the Sydney Roosters we want to show the fans that we won’t turn up with that attitude again because frankly it’s not acceptable.
I expect the players to get out there and show their Members, Sponsors and fans, as well as their team-mates, that they are willing to get tough and dirty in defence again.
Simply put, we need to have the attitude of wanting to tackle and putting bodies on the line.
I really want to see our mentality going into the game be one that isn’t going to take shortcuts and trying to come up with a quick fix.
Against the Roosters we will be aiming to play a game that suits us and not get into a set for set duel that tosses the ball around. If we put them on the ground in the tackle, it will minimise what they can do with the ball.
The game starts at 5:30pm on Saturday and given we have been playing some good exciting footy with the ball lately - I can guarantee the fans they will get a show.
Plus it is the second last game Nathan Hindmarsh will play at Parramatta Stadium and he certainly deserves to see a big crowd out there.
He’s been a legend of the Parramatta football club and the game itself for a long time now and he deserves all the support that we can give him.
Cheers,
Brad Arthur

Well, how refreshing to have a coach that states it as it is, let's hope the team turn up and meet the challenge. They should get a look at some of the junior games I attend, and see how the smaller guys defend the big boppers in U11s, puts their effort on Monday to shame

Suitman

Post Whore
Delboy, I think you'll have to provide a link to this.

Anyway, I agree.
I think it's time we had an angry merking in charge of our club and tell's things how they are. I don't give a shit if they put it out in public. More's the better.
Arthur may very well be the perfect foil for Stuart.
I hope they keep him on in an assistant capacity.

Suity

Last edited:

jono

Juniors
First time any coach has remembered the little people......good stuff
BA is a must for coaching staff next year

eloquentEEL

First Grade
First time any coach has remembered the little people......good stuff
BA is a must for coaching staff next year

Technically it's the 2nd time for Arthur. He wrote a similarly open column last week after the Broncos victory.

Gronk

Staff member
Love having a coach with an angry face.

Hopefully many doors will be pulled off their hinges in Parra dressing rooms in 2013.

982375-des-hasler-dressing-room-blow-up.jpg

#angrycoachbenchmark

Eels Dude

Coach
Great comments and a proper reach out to the fans without pussy footing around. Impressive.

Delboy

First Grade
Suity, sorry its on the ParraEels webpage, always forget when it is so obvious

Will try to keep on the straight and narrow

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity, sorry its on the ParraEels webpage, always forget when it is so obvious

Will try to keep on the straight and narrow

Mate, I couldn't give a shit whether it has a link or not.
Just knew what would be coming. Surprised it hasn't yet.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
Yeah Suity's right Delboy, if you don't edit your OP including the link this thread will vanish into thin air as soon as a mod sees it.

Fathead

Bench
Brad is a good man and will be a good coach. He will be the perfect partner for sticky and the players will not be able to get away with anything. I see that Anthony griffin has sacked josh Hoffman for arriving at training 5 mins late. The broncos need every man on deck as there is a real chance that the broncos will miss the finals but griffin showed the kahunas to drop his fullback and showed why the broncos are such a professional unit.
The eels are trying to head that way. Would love them to drop Hayne if he was late for training by 5 mins ! Wouldn't that send a message to the players ?
We are getting there and a combo of sticky and arthur is heading in the right direction.

bartman

Immortal
Good comments from Arthurs - straight and to the point, no mention of being happy with the efforts or being close to where we need to be etc.

Hope Ricky keeps him on, I'm sure he will just for some continuity?

bartman

Immortal
Sounds good D-boy, glad sticky doesn't think you have to bring in a whole new staff for the sake of it, and Arthurs and Nolan's contributions will continue to be valuable next year.

Latest posts