What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes Cricket

Yeah I'm doing the same thing.
So far I'm enjoying the f**k out of it

Just started back at my club the of the 'mont with the wrong f**king colors...... anyway stats are 3 wickets at 25 and once at bat for 10,i got stumped standing around like a dunce after missing the ball..... What button puts your back foot in the crease less ploddingly?

The batting has improved BUT random leaves are frustrating

BTown324

Juniors
Looks like Big Ant have done things well this time. The game development looks more thought out the graphics seem good considering their budget and their marketing campaign shits on what happened to the NRL game. Cricket Australia's been sharing all of their content advertising it. I don't think the NRL ever did that once.

Makes me think part of the problems with NRL games weren't Big Ant.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Cricket Australia's been sharing all of their content advertising it. I don't think the NRL ever did that once.

From my understanding CA and the ECB have an extremely high vested interest in this game being successful. I watched an interview with a high ranking executive in CA and he was saying that strategically they see video games as an important part of growing interest and participation rates in the game.

axl rose

Bench
their marketing campaign shits on what happened to the NRL game. Cricket Australia's been sharing all of their content advertising it. I don't think the NRL ever did that once.
You are correct its been hard to escape the marketing hype for this game, has been all over FoxSports, freetv websites etc but yes Cricket Australia is the big one.

CA and he was saying that strategically they see video games as an important part of growing interest and participation rates in the game.

Some old overpaid codger from CA finally realizes its 2017 and that video games are relevant to interest/bums on seats /participation rates in sport. Lordy, its a miracle. NRL might even catch on in a decade.

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
Way better than DBC17, but what isn't.

Playable but f**k me the commentary is completely insane. Slater must have had epilepsy, tourettes and bipolar all at once when recording his lines.

Considering returning it for Battlefront 2.

Way better than DBC17, but what isn't.

Playable but f**k me the commentary is completely insane. Slater must have had epilepsy, tourettes and bipolar all at once when recording his lines.

Considering returning it for Battlefront 2.
Cardfront 2

Storm13

Juniors
Having the same issue I had with DBC14 with my right trigger button not registering every time I try and block a ball. Not sure if controller fault as same trigger button works for other inputs?

A patch before day 5

Impressive, maybe CA and the ECB having skin in the game is ramping these pricks up and keeping them honest, a far cry from business as usual

Mate I have to ask, is this game worth the $59 (UK online store) I paid for it?
$59AUD? Yeah I'd say so,i wouldn't pay full retail because it is a little....it doesn't have that EA polish however even they've f**ked up this year,this is clearly not a AAA title

They've taken the batting difficulty from Bradman 14,the bowling style from Bradman 17 and made a very frustrating but fair simulation

The frame drops between overs on the panning camera makes my eyes bleed,the fielding is still a little sub par as far as animations etc go but it's a vast improvement over the shitfest of Bradman 17 and RLL4 but the commentary is f**king horrendous as well as the soundtrack,they haven't paid for music it sounds like that band of hipsters down at the RSL who think they can write music