What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistant coach requried at the dragons?

OPS

Juniors
Question asked on 2sm today and fair enough .I don't like to knock Benny but can he win without about 20 rep players? Other coaches get sacked midseason and bagged in the press and on forums but not comparing apples with apples imo

Why does the nrl allow clubs to pay unders anyway? Only a dumb footballer could persuaded into taking a massive paycut "for the good of the team".I would be out on the street if I tried it

Earlier this year benji and his manager wanted to play rugby in japan then return to the tigers on a lower paying contract. The nrl didn't want a bar of it, said they deem him as on his correct value, yet they allow Brisbane and Melbourne play paying unders with teams full of rep players

Same thing isn't it?

badav

Bench
Question asked on 2sm today and fair enough .I don't like to knock Benny but can he win without about 20 rep players?

Considering only a maximum of 17 players take the field each game... yes, yes he can.

user_nat

Coach
The topic title, your first sentence and the rest of the post seem to be on different topics.

gregstar

Referee
i can't stand swivel chairs without arm rests. especially when houses have unpainted corrugated iron roofs.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
My favourite part is the assumption that there are no assistant coaches at the Dragons. This is a first grade competition OPS.

Also, can you tell me why do the knobs break off cheap bbqs? Is it because they are made of plastic?

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
shrug_thumb.jpg

flip

Juniors
Also, can you tell me why do the knobs break off cheap bbqs? Is it because they are made of plastic?

If the gas control valves are stiff they can break easier, get some wd-40 or something.

Or better yet get a BeefEater BBQ, they last for ages.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If the gas control valves are stiff they can break easier, get some wd-40 or something.

Or better yet get a BeefEater BBQ, they last for ages.
Good tip flip. :thumn

I ended up buying some metal knobs and screwing them on tight.

thuggdogg

Juniors
maybe its time i dusted off the old resume again....

im yet to hear from the knights but thats faur given the stress of finals football

OPS

Juniors
Considering only a maximum of 17 players take the field each game... yes, yes he can.

2007 sqaud of 25 had about 20 rep players ie a few back at the feeder club

No other coach gets the top shelf or rep players like bennett ,even this year he has plenty so you can't really compare him to say sheens or furner

I hope when he leaves the dragons he tries a club at the bottom and see if he can coach without the cattle

watatank

Coach
I always find it amusing when suggestions are made about all the good players that Bennett has at his disposal. They may have had talented players but so does most of the league. Bennett made those players into rep players. Where were those players before they were under Bennett?

badav

Bench
2007 sqaud of 25 had about 20 rep players ie a few back at the feeder club

No other coach gets the top shelf or rep players like bennett ,even this year he has plenty so you can't really compare him to say sheens or furner

I hope when he leaves the dragons he tries a club at the bottom and see if he can coach without the cattle

You can compare him to Sheens or Furner because they are both coaches.

I dont know how the dragons have the cattle? Who are their rep players this year? Weyman was a washed up nobody before 2009. Other than that they have Poore and Boyd. Wow.

Its been said a million times before on this board "bennets always had the cattle bla bla bla". Whats your point? What did you want him to do over the last 20 years, coach a team to a wooden spoon?

Ulysseus

Bench
Question asked on 2sm today and fair enough .I don't like to knock Benny but can he win without about 20 rep players? Other coaches get sacked midseason and bagged in the press and on forums but not comparing apples with apples imo

Why does the nrl allow clubs to pay unders anyway? Only a dumb footballer could persuaded into taking a massive paycut "for the good of the team".I would be out on the street if I tried it

Earlier this year benji and his manager wanted to play rugby in japan then return to the tigers on a lower paying contract. The nrl didn't want a bar of it, said they deem him as on his correct value, yet they allow Brisbane and Melbourne play paying unders with teams full of rep players

Same thing isn't it?

You see, the kids these days, they listen to the rap music, which gives them the brain damage. With the hippin' and the hoppin' and the bippin' and the boppin', they don't know what the jazz is all about

cosby.jpg

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
What the f**k is the point you are trying to make?

Mad womens sh*t isn't as all over the place as your posts.

Nightward

Juniors
I always have to shake my head when I read about Bennet "always having the cattle."

Really? He didn't have any hand ind developing them? They just arrived at the Broncos waiting to be fitted for their Queensland and Australian jerseys?

Given the trouble he had developing just Petero and Webcke into the players they proved to be, it's more than readily apparent he didn't just get magically gifted first-class players. Other clubs would have washed their hands of them, Petero because he was a late bloomer, and Webcke because of his early-career anxiety issues.

But whatever.

Latest posts