What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Au revoir....

Hoggy

Bench
I can't believe The Age has published his quote as well in todays paper. Absolute disgrace.

Carnifex

Juniors
It's hard to know how to react seeing as nothing of this magnitude has ever happened before, and probably won't again. I understand the initial reaction, I was the same, sooooo angry and resentful, but I got past that, and for the love of the club, I'm sticking by them, come what may.
Less, come back. We understand what you're going through, but now isn't the time to walk away.

There will be a new beginning. A rebirth, and I know you wanna be a part of that.

i soooo wanna marry you.:eek:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just to counterbalance I've just signed up to become a Storm interstate member. So there you go, you lose one, you gain one!

Heads up everyone, RL is a rollercoaster, welcome to the big dipper!

Stagger eel

Staff member
leester's head is obviously in another place at the moment and he's hurting badly but full credit to him for coming here and atleast sharing his feelings and I hope something good comes out of it for him..

btw, where's that f**kin weasel 1999???...I bet you that c**k smoker has abandened his club and fellow supporters and not had enough guts to tell us and yet he was one of the first to dish it out in other clubs forums when it suited him..

eat sh*t pal...

Stagger eel

Staff member
i haven't..and I'm sure alot of supporters from other clubs haven't either, the guy maked Haynetrain look like mother Theresa..

ElectricEel

Juniors
Just to counterbalance I've just signed up to become a Storm interstate member. So there you go, you lose one, you gain one!

Heads up everyone, RL is a rollercoaster, welcome to the big dipper!

How, where and which membership did you buy? My Missus wants one.

Patsy

Juniors
sorry but that is ordinary - you let a few bad eggs get to you. the club you support (as much as i hate them) is alot more than 5 guys bending the rules. they are gone now - you should stick with them.

stormtragic

Juniors
Sadly, this is to be my last ever post on League Unlimited.

The events have transpired on the 22nd of April 2010 (and in the weeks months and years preceeding) have left me gutted, infuriated and disillusioned to the point where 30 years of supporting a game that gave me so many great moments, has come to an end.

For 5 years a man who put on a façade of acting in the best interest of the Melbourne Storm, the team I supported since its inception and been paid up as a member since 2003, and his staff has robbed the players and the fans of the glory years that the Storm experienced from 2006 to now.

The high times, and low points, of the last 4 years now mean nothing. I cried in 2006 when we lost and in 2008 when we were humiliated; now my tears were just a waste. The exact opposite emotions that I felt in our 3 premiership years are now replaced with a pit of emptiness in my stomach.

Never mind the game’s governing body, the administration deliberately and blatantly deceived me and any other person in Melbourne who supported the Storm by signing up as a member, purchasing merchandise or forking out admission to home games at Olympic Park.

I take the deception of the staff at Melbourne Storm as a personal insult. The only thing that gives me comfort is that, at the very least, certain members of the club have ruined their careers in sports administration.

The betrayal of my support, and that of the other members of the Melbourne sporting public, has ripped my heart from my chest and sadly my lifelong passion for rugby league is over and I hope that anyone involved in this gets their just desserts!

My dillema now is what I'm going to do for 6 months every year....

piss poor from you, you arent a true fan of the Storm or the game if you are leaving because of this..

good riddance to you

tresurehunt

Juniors
Wow, to think a few can cause so much damage.....

I will be there for our year of practice games. Hopefully we can use the time to blood a number of younger guys and get them ready for 2011. It will be an interesting year from a development perspective as some of these young guys will get a great opportunity to play at the top level.

There are many differences between Storm 10 and Dogs 02, most importantly, the market w operate in. Hopefully the players are unaware and the rort was constructed wholly in the office. The backend of the contract causes problems in player retention, but 1mil over four years through 11 players is not that much over the journey, so pay cuts may be all players who received the benefit may need.

A year of watching stress free football might actiually be good for the health.

its good to see some positive supporters here,id hate to be playing the storm today.

Eelectrica

Referee
I don't know if this going to help anyone much, but I'll say it anyway.

I'm a Gold Coast resident who grew up supporting the eels. A few years ago the NRL started bringing trial games down here to the coast to guage support to see if the GC was worth giving one more chance. I went to pretty much all those trial games and brought people with me to say yes, I want a team here at all costs.

Finally the announcement was made to allow the GC back in the comp, and when that happened I bought a season ticket as soon as I was able. Every year I re-new and will continue to do so because that's how much having a team here means to me.

The point I'm making is you're now in that same position, either fans turn up for what a basically trial games in order to keep the team. By doing that you know that they'll be back in the comp and ready to kick its ass again, or watch them go. possibly forever.

If the Storm fold anyway, at least you know you've done all you can do.

I wouldn't let the selfish action of a few individuals ruin something that important to me forever. Get revenge the only way possible - by keeping the team alive. When they climb the mountain and win the next premiership it will be so much sweeter having gone through this and knowing it was done fairly.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Sadly, this is to be my last ever post on League Unlimited.

The events have transpired on the 22nd of April 2010 (and in the weeks months and years preceeding) have left me gutted, infuriated and disillusioned to the point where 30 years of supporting a game that gave me so many great moments, has come to an end.

For 5 years a man who put on a façade of acting in the best interest of the Melbourne Storm, the team I supported since its inception and been paid up as a member since 2003, and his staff has robbed the players and the fans of the glory years that the Storm experienced from 2006 to now.

The high times, and low points, of the last 4 years now mean nothing. I cried in 2006 when we lost and in 2008 when we were humiliated; now my tears were just a waste. The exact opposite emotions that I felt in our 3 premiership years are now replaced with a pit of emptiness in my stomach.

Never mind the game’s governing body, the administration deliberately and blatantly deceived me and any other person in Melbourne who supported the Storm by signing up as a member, purchasing merchandise or forking out admission to home games at Olympic Park.

I take the deception of the staff at Melbourne Storm as a personal insult. The only thing that gives me comfort is that, at the very least, certain members of the club have ruined their careers in sports administration.

The betrayal of my support, and that of the other members of the Melbourne sporting public, has ripped my heart from my chest and sadly my lifelong passion for rugby league is over and I hope that anyone involved in this gets their just desserts!

My dillema now is what I'm going to do for 6 months every year....

for years i mistakenly thought you were a real fan

go back to AFL

Noa

First Grade
I know your reading this L58.

You have 1 week to jump back on board and be part of something very special in roughly 18 months from now. There will be no recriminations, at least from Storm fans, instead we will welcome you back with open arms.

You not supporting the Storm will only hurt the Hershall Gideons, Richie Kennars, Young Tonumapeia's etc,etc.

philstorm

Juniors
Absolutely, Les. Please do come back and rejoin what is sure to be a bumpy ride.

I know I was in the same boat as you when I first this. I was going to give it all up, but I gave it a nights rest and realized how i'd be punishing the entire club through my actions.

I'm sure you're in a similar boat - so please don't give up on the club you love. It may not have to be posting here on LU, but in real life ...