What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUCKLAND 9s Squad

callmack1

Staff member
That's a pretty strong Nines squad. I don't think risking Reynolds getting injured is the smartest choice.
Agreed. Picking him is great because he makes our nines team so dangerous but on the other hand it is a big risk.

rabbitohs95

Bench
By many accounts of pre-season sessions, it sounds like George couldn't complete a 9 minute game, let alone a 9s tournament.

Hope big George has gotten over his hip injury. Could be a telling factor for the next few years and into retirement.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ah.... I'm sooooo exited for the Nines!! I know it's only pre season but the footy will finally be back! Next Saturday cannot come soon enough!
I'll miss the some of the nines next Saturday as I have work. I'm going to try and watch replays/highlights if I miss any of our games.

Next Sunday I will be paying close attention to the nines.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think Dave Tyrrell was originally a shadow player, i wonder if he replaces reynolds or if they replace him with another half and tyrrell stays shadow

alien

Referee
Alcatel Update: Adam Reynolds
Tue 31st January, 09:45AM

1485815982983.jpg

Rabbitohs Halfback Adam Reynolds has been withdrawn from the Auckland Nines squad as a precaution due to hamstring tightness.

Reynolds was assessed this morning by Club medical staff with Head Coach Michael Maguire opting not to risk his halfback in the Auckland Nines tournament.

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/01/31/alcatel_update_adam_.html

Rabbits20

Immortal
Deitz added to the squad to replace AR.

So we aren't taking a top 5 player. I thought we had to???

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm not sure the 2 of the top 5 paid rule is still in effect.

If so, Possibly it's AJ. At the time he signed his last contract the roosters had lost rts and were heavily rumoured to be after him. Parra were also rumoured to be after him to replace hayne. At the time many people, including a lot of the fans, thought he was our future at fullback and that we had to keep him at all costs. That doesn't mean we have to move him on to save costs. No clubs will be knocking on the door to offer him big money as a fullback like last time so he doesn't have that bargaining chip, and not many clubs overspend on wingers nowdays especially as he is now seen as an average steady 1st grade winger instead of the 'star of the future' he was in the early part of 2015, so it should be easier and cheaper to negotiate with him

Rabbits20

Immortal
AJ?
If so, all the best at your new club in 2018
I've a feeling another side will want to use AJ as a long term option at fullback for 2018 and beyond.

Maybe Knights or Eels could chase him. It wouldn't surprise me at all.