What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUS - Australian Rugby League Team Named

nqboy

First Grade
Minichiello
Sing
Tate
Tonga
Rooney
Lockyer
Gower
Fitzgibbon
Hindmarsh
Ryan
O’Meley
Buderus
Webcke

Wing
Mason
Civoniceva
Ryles

I thought Carroll had played test footy for NZ, can someone confirm this? If so, It's a disgrace that he is picked for Australia now. Kimmorley :roll: :roll: :roll: (Orford), Kennedy - injury prone and past his best (Waterhouse), Crocker-shit - a niggling cheap-shot merchant right up there with Walker and Hodges for mine (Luke Bailey).

Cooper must go close but Tate edges him on experience. I like the suggestion of starting our 80 minute players and using Mason off the bench.

angelus

Juniors
For about the fifth time, Carroll played for NZ in the World Cup, just like Lote Tiquiri and Adrian Lam played for other nations. It was to make the World Cup as competitive as possible. Get over it, he deserves to be there. If you watched the game against the Cowboys, he basically played them on his own.

But of course, it's a massive Broncos conspiracy. :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Clinton doesnt deserve to be there over civoneceva so im glad he didnt get picked. i would've pcked baily over webke.

Booyah

Bench
thuganomics said:
Kennedy was in great form towards the end of the season.
Kimmorley and Crocker shouldn't be there.

Kimmorley and Crocker shouldn't be there, but Kennedy should?

That's pretty stupid. Kennedy played what.. 6 games this year, so how does that warrant his selection?

I'm not saying Kimmorley deserves to be there, but to say Kennedy does and Kimmorley doesn't is just plain stupid and reeks of bias.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
where's Chris Anderson hiding? :roll:

Kimmorley has hardly played, Sherwin should be there. Didnt they see the GF???

And Tonie Carroll I'd like to argue on. He played for New Zealand for christ sakes. And was also eligible for selection in the 2002 Tour to GB. They should be strict with the rules, if he played for one nation then shouldnt play for another. Why compare to Ricketson for Ireland? I mean Ireland is just a minnow, surely New Zealand isnt a minnow. I mean Carroll is more kiwi than Cayless.

Wake up IRL. :x :x :x :roll:

Forum Idiot

Bench
why the hell would carroll even want to play for australia?! what a prick. he should rule himself out. hes been playing against us for years and now hes in our team? that makes me sick.

Earl

Coach
1. Anthony Minicheillo
2. Matt Sing
3. Brent Tate
4. Willie Tonga
5. Luke Rooney
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Craig Gower
8. Shane Webcke
9. Danny Buderus
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Willie Mason
13. Craig Fitzgibbon

14. Andrew Ryan
15. Petero Civoniceva
16. Jason Ryles
17. Craig Wing

:clap:

thuganomics

Coach
Booyah said:
thuganomics said:
Kennedy was in great form towards the end of the season.
Kimmorley and Crocker shouldn't be there.

Kimmorley and Crocker shouldn't be there, but Kennedy should?

That's pretty stupid. Kennedy played what.. 6 games this year, so how does that warrant his selection?

I'm not saying Kimmorley deserves to be there, but to say Kennedy does and Kimmorley doesn't is just plain stupid and reeks of bias.

Kennedy played every match after Origin 3 and played very well in each one of them. His end of year form was awsome, you cant say the same for Kimmorley and Crocker though.

fillapop

Juniors
thuganomics said:
1. Minnichello
2. Cooper
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Sing
6. Lockyer
7. Gower
8. Webcke
9. Buderus
10. O'Mealey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Fitzgibbion

14. Wing
15. Kennedy
16. Mason
17. Ryles

I would like that to be the squad.

change kennedy 4 crocker and dats a winning team

thuganomics

Coach
fillapop said:
thuganomics said:
1. Minnichello
2. Cooper
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Sing
6. Lockyer
7. Gower
8. Webcke
9. Buderus
10. O'Mealey
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Fitzgibbion

14. Wing
15. Kennedy
16. Mason
17. Ryles

I would like that to be the squad.

change kennedy 4 crocker and dats a winning team

I think its gonna be a winning team no matter what.

msjd

Juniors
hey everyone the team i picked is a pretty strong one i think tell me if you agree:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Matt Sing
3. Shaun Berrigan
4. Willie Tonga
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer (capt)
7. Craig Gower
8. Shane Webcke
9. Danny Buderus (v-capt)
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Craig Fitzgibbon
14. Willie Mason
15. Petero Civoniceva
16. Craig Wing
17. Michael Crocker
18th man: Scott Hill (should be in the team)

Matt Bowen(could be an very effective impact player),
Tonie Carroll, Matt Cooper, Ben Kennedy, Brett Kimmorley, Luke Rooney, Jason Ryles( Could very well be in the team).

Roc-A-Fella

Juniors
I reckon the team is a good one except that tonie caroll is int it.......thats just stupid cause his a kiwi, waterhouse should have been picked for him or kennedy.

My starting 17 would look like this:

1.Minichello
2.Rooney
3.Tate
4.Cooper
5.Sing
6.Lockyer
7.Gower
8.Webcke
9.Buderus
10.O Meley
11.Hindmarsh
12.Fitzgibbon
13.Hill

14.Mason
15.Wing
16.Ryles/Civoniceva
17.Ryan

Kris_man

Bench
Big Mick said:
if rooney isn't in every team its a joke. Because he is the safest player under the high ball, practically in the NRL.

i think Joel Monaghan is the best under the high ball, and he'll get a chance to prove it at the Roosters. Gary Tupou will be hard to stop too.

- Sherwin for Kimmorley
- Waterhouse for Ryles
- Ashley Harrison for anybody

but i think we all knew underneath that Sherwin wouldn't get in, i know i had that bad gut feeling. waterhouse is a surprise omission, but not being a panthers fan, i dont give a hoot.

msjd

Juniors
This would be my team I think its a pretty strong one.

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Matt Sing
3. Shaun Berrigan
4. Willie Tonga
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer (capt)
7. Craig Gower
8. Shane Webcke
9. Danny Buderus (v-capt)
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Craig Fitzgibbon
14. Willie Mason
15. Petero Civoniceva
16. Craig Wing
17. Michael Crocker
18. Scott Hill

Matt Bowen, Tonie Carroll, Matt Cooper, Ben Kennedy, Brett Kimmorley, Luke Rooney, Jason Ryles. (Any of these players couls easily start though)

What do you rekon of this team?

LeagueisNo1

Juniors
I think its a very impressive team considering Fitzgibbon is out with a bad shoulder. You always judge Test teams by the strength of their bench. Craig Wing, Petero Civoniceva, Ben Kennedy and Andrew Ryan. very impressive

Latest posts