What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia vs Wales Series

Butters

Bench
After kicking off the representative season with a pathetic 9-6 loss to Scotland, Robbie Deans has responded by naming an even worse Australian team to face the Welsh in Brisbane on Saturday.

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
14. Cooper Vuna (Melbourne Rebels)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
7. David Pocock (captain, Western Force)
6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
3. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on Reserves:

16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
18. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
19. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
20. Nic White (Brumbies)
21. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
22. Mike Harris (Queensland Reds)

The Welsh on the otherhand have named a strong side and will most definitely dominate Australia throughout the series and claim a 3-0 series win to complement their all conquering 6 Nations Grand Slam. Their team below:

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Alex Cuthbert
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Scott Williams
11. George North
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Mike Phillips
8. Toby Faletau
7. Sam Warburton (C)
6. Dan Lydiate
5. Luke Charteris
4. Bradley Davis
3. Adam Jones
2. Ken Owens
1. Gethin Jenkins

16. Matthew Rees
17. Paul James
18. Alun Wyn Jones
19. Ryan Jones
20. Lloyd Williams
21. James Hook
22.Ashley Beck

Butters

Bench
Fingers crossed the Welsh completely dominate Australia and the New Zealand sleeper cell that is Robbie Deans gets axed.

Thomas

First Grade
We're going to get raped.

I can feel it.

Deans isn't the issue. He isn't making the decisions on the field.

Karl

Juniors
I hate seeing people wish for a National sporting team to be beaten, whether you like the code they play or not.

I hate seeing people wish for a National sporting team to be beaten, whether you like the code they play or not.

Yeah, it's pretty loathsome that kind of stuff.

Also the general negativity by many is also getting a bit much. Plenty of "We're going to get raped" or so going around. I think the games this series will all be pretty close. I know our back line is depleted and our build up for this game tomorrow night has hardly been ideal but I still think we can win. The Welsh are a very, very good team but they're not as good as a lot are making them out to be. We have beaten them twice in the last 8 months after all, they can't be that good. :p

Last edited:

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, it's pretty loathsome that kind of stuff.

Also the general negativity by many is also getting a bit much. Plenty of "We're going to get raped" or so going around. I think the games this series will all be pretty close. I know our back line is depleted and our build up for this game tomorrow night has hardly been ideal but I still think we can win. The Welsh are a very, very good team but they're not as good as a lot are making them out to be. We have beaten them twice in the last 8 months after all, they can't be that good. :p

Oh I'll be wearing my gold jersey, don't you worry. It's just this is a very good Welsh team and we've had bugger all preperation

Karl

Juniors
I'm watching some great games of Union on 1 right now. Au v Eng. at Twickenham. I don't remember who won or even when the game was played so it's as good as new :)

Gregan, vickerman, Kepu, Burke, Mortlock, Smith, Sailor, Cobain, Old school jerseys.

Wilkinson like an android on the boot. Man is a freak.

The English crowd singing swing low sweet chariot.

I hope our guys dig and lift like these fellas have.

The Welsh are an excellent side who will only improve over the next couple of tests. I'm sure they'll beat us at least once before they head home.

Karl

Juniors
Maybe. Looks like the Wallabies are actually awake and taking things seriously.

Parra

Referee
Was a great game.Looking forward to round two.

I know people whinge a bit about the scheduling, but it is a great time of year with rugby test matches on the weekends and State of Origin on during the week.

Maybe. Looks like the Wallabies are actually awake and taking things seriously.
My heart has been broken too many times for me allow allow myself to beleive you Karl. Our back line is unsettled which makes me unsettled. Forwards are doing the business at the moment but it's quite possible that this time next week we will be commenting on their lack of intensity and discipline...but you're tight - there is reason for hope. I prefer to call it cautious optimism.

Parra

Referee
Sounds like Beale will not be back for Saturday. When he returns he will make a massive difference to the backline. The way he is playing he would make a massive difference to any backline.

Sounds like Beale will not be back for Saturday. When he returns he will make a massive difference to the backline. The way he is playing he would make a massive difference to any backline.
That's a shame. Besides Genia, he's the only spark we have in the backline. where would you play him? 10 or 15? I'd prefer to see him at 15 but that means we have to then stick with Barnes at 10...and he's got nothing in attack. A great defender but he lacks the confidence to take the ball to the line which severely impeded the ability of those outside him to threaten.

Parra

Referee
Beale at 10, O'Connor at 15. But he is injured as well and wont be back for a while.