What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia Wins

imasharkie

Coach
Who cares about the union.
Australia scores twice in the last minutes to win again.
Lockyer the stand out player.
And for the knockers of ando..Darren Smith had a great game when on the field.

incredible_holc

Juniors
no he didnt!!
he did nothing!!!
I agreed with everything Gus Gould said at half time, everything. There was nothing Smith did that anyone else could of done if Lewis played

The Popper

Bench
Hypothetical...if's and but's. We won and that's that. Whether the result would have been the same with other players is a matter for conjecture.
Kimmorley lauded by the Poms but not a kind word from Gus Gould. And congratulations to you too, Blacktip. The Pommie commentators gave you an indirect mention. They said: `The knives are out for Anderson back home.' Congratulations on the recognition. :D
All jokes aside.....this was the BEST Test Series against the Poms that I've seen since 1966. And this is arguably the best Pommy side since 1970. Sure we had a few players unavailable for selection, but whether they would have made all that much difference is open to debate. I guess if we could relate the series to snooker, the Poms put the cue in the rack before potting the black to clear the table. And our blokes would never say die.

Foz

Bench
I was totally against Smith getting a run (still am) but he did play well. I did get the impression he ran out of puff pretty quickly but to his credit he hung in there.
Ricketson had his best game for ages and I thought he and Lockyer were our best. The 2 bronco pops and Fitzgibbon did well too.
Wing added a bit of zip around dummy half at the end too. Buderus was kept fairly quiet.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well done, Chris, Brett and the boys. 3-0. I will always judge on results.
As for the Smith selection, to me it was always irrelevent whether he played well or not. If the 23 picked cannot do the job why have them there. Huge slap in the face to them IMO, not just from Chris but from the senior players, I hope Luke Lewis is player of the year for Penrith next year, not to spite Chris, but his so called team-mates who showed NO faith in him.

ghoti

Bench
Mr Angry said:
Well done, Chris, Brett and the boys. 3-0. I will always judge on results.

Mate, anybody could coach an Australian Rugby League team and beat anybody in the world. The series win means nothing and says nothing about Anderson's coaching ability. If he was a decent coach, he wouldn't have dropped four of our best, most loyal players, consequently making us run 5th last.

Anderson won't be Australian coach next year. There is no doubt about that.

wittyfan

Referee
Max01 said:
Anderson won't be Australian coach next year. There is no doubt about that.

Nah, not after the Darren Smith saga. Apparently he's lost some support among NSW officials over the incident and he lost support from the Queenslanders some time ago.

Nuffs

Bench
Foz said:
I just read somewhere Morley got man of the match. Was this an error?

maybe they gave it to him for not going on report!

although he should have for the elbow on his own teammate :lol: