What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Austrlaian and NZ Test Sides

Matta

Juniors
Australia

Anthony Minichiello
Timana Tahu
Matt Gidley
Brent Tate
Michael De Vere
Darren Lockyer (c)
Craig Gower
Shane Webcke
Danny Buderus
Joel Clinton
Petero Civoniceva
Nathan Hindmarsh
Shaun Timmins

Shaun Berrigan
Michael Crocker
Trent Waterhouse
Luke Bailey

New Zealand

David Vaealiki
Lesley Vainokolo
Nigel Vagana
Clinton Toopi
Frances Meli
Sione Faumuina
Thomas Leuluai
Nathan Cayless
Robbie Paul
Jason Cayless
Joe Galuvao
Tony Puletua
Ruben Wiki*

Jerry Seuseu
Sonny-Bill Williams
Stephen Kearney
Paul Whatuira
Frank Pritchard

*Subject to judiciary

edabomb

First Grade
My god Australia could win by 80. No Jones, Toopi at centre and Vaeliki at fullback??? I think Daniel Anderson is guilty of prioritising the Warriors over NZ

kiwi_man

Juniors
i think epalahame lauaki should be there instead of frank pritchard and also today joe gulavao was put on repot earlier today against the dragons. wat is with jason cayless! i thought he was injured, but obviously not

Rudolph

Juniors
Anderson didn't pick the team and i'd have to agree with the 80 point defeat. This is the worse team picked in a very long time.

ozbash

Referee
most of these players have been picked on form

dont agree at all carl.
meli,toopi,lueluewai, have been pathetic
jason cayless and vagana have hardly played

the champion is left out altogether.

i,d say 80 points is giving the kiwis the benefit of the doubt. :roll:

salivor

First Grade
ozbash said:
the champion is left out altogether.

He ruled himself out. A bit mellow dramatic if you ask me from the little man. He thinks his form doesn't warrant a place in the team but no other kiwi half has played any better.

I think the real tragedy out of all of this is that Karmichael Hunt has turned his back on the Kiwis after only 5 years in Australia. It's a shame as there is no doubt he has the talent to go on to play for Queensland and Australia and torture Kiwi sides in years to come. I'm now feeling very nervous about Benji Marshall ever slipping on the black jersey.

Wiki at Lock is a very odd choice, I would feel a lot more comfortable with Faumuina in that position. Put Robbie Paul at 5/8 and bring in a youngster like Latu into hooker or even take a punt on Motu Tony who should be fit to play by Friday. I'd also like to see Stephen Kearney in the starting line-up.

One last thing, does anyone know who will be the referee for this test?

edabomb

First Grade
Lauaki is a gun. My apologies to Daniel Anderson then, but whatever has happened so that Stacey isn't playing is ridiculous. if hes ruled himself out for personal reason i think its a disgrace, cos his country really needs him. i dont think karmichael hunt will ever make australia, he looks solid though.

I fear NZ are going to get killed, what is it with them picking guys out of position???

As for the Aussies, its pretty standard, thank god they didnt put Clinton Schdofhfic in, he average with a capital A.

Matt M

Juniors
I think that the NZ side is very good, I actually think leaving Jones out might be alright, but we'll see on Friday. I wouldn't be suprised if there are a lot of changes though. I was suprised Toopi was there and Vinnie Anderson wasn't though.

dimitri

First Grade
only 5 warriors in the squad

means their players have suffered for their clubs poor form

looks like a good side

ripper

Ha! Good one...

Kiwi Massacare : The Sequel..

Leuluai isnt even up to BC standard at the moment

JoeD

First Grade
I think there are some definite personality clashes involved in Stacy not playing. One of Devlin's contributors on his radio programme known only as 'man in the stand' said he overheard Stacy saying something along the lines of, "I'm sick and tired of it, next week I'm going to tell him like it is, we should all tell him like it is."
This was overheard not long after the Warriors loss to the bull dogs on Friday night.

AliN

Live Update Team
Well, Friday night will show us whether the Kiwi selectors have picked the team they did for the right reasons. That's all I can say as I was totally gob smacked.

The Aussie selectors certainly have.

Go Kiwis!!..please :roll:

aqua_duck

Coach
My kiwi team would've been

1.vagana
2.vainokolo
3.Lolesi
4.Whatuira
5.Utai
6.Faumuina
7.Paul
8.Rauhihi
9.Swain
10.Cayless
11.Galuvao
12.Puletua
13.Williams

14.Kearney
15.Asotasi
16.Lauitiiti
17.Toopi

kiwi_man

Juniors
oh and another thing, wiki is set to miss the test he is looking at up to 4-6 weeks and vaeliki has been ruled out so vagana moves to fullback and whatuira moves to the centres with kearney covering for wiki amd pritchard coming onto the bench.
david kidwell has been brought into the squad as cover.

Rudolph

Juniors
Why didnt they bring Motu Tony in the team he's fit now isn't he? they said on the footy show he was playing in the queenland cup.

kiwi_man

Juniors
yeah i would rather motu tony there instead of latu coz tony can play more then 1 position and i think he is an alround better footballer, also on that note i would have had epalahame lauaki in there instead of pritchard but hey im not a selector

Latest posts