What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Authenticating Vintage Jersey

Samuel3man

Juniors
Hello,

I was hoping I could find someone who has greater knowledge than I do in the value of vintage NRL Jerseys (formally Australian RL)

I have what I think is an original signed 1995 'Auckland Warriors' inaugural home jersey.

Could someone help me with authenticating this piece and it's signatures.

Cheers

Diesel

Referee
Back in the mid 90’s manufacturers were making all jerseys. I’ve seen Warriors jerseys for 1995 made by Canterbury, Lenco, Classic and M Sport. I’m not an expert but there is a NZ Warriors fans site and one of the guys on there knows his stuff about jerseys

kdalymc

Bench
Back in the mid 90’s manufacturers were making all jerseys. I’ve seen Warriors jerseys for 1995 made by Canterbury, Lenco, Classic and M Sport. I’m not an expert but there is a NZ Warriors fans site and one of the guys on there knows his stuff about jerseys
CCC made the on fields

Nafedogg

Juniors
Also from my limited knowledge on jerseys (I have been collecting vintage American sport hats for a while and it’s the same) size is more important then signatures. Most people want jerseys to wear.

Juju

Juniors
Hello,

I was hoping I could find someone who has greater knowledge than I do in the value of vintage NRL Jerseys (formally Australian RL)

I have what I think is an original signed 1995 'Auckland Warriors' inaugural home jersey.

Could someone help me with authenticating this piece and it's signatures.

Cheers
As other posters have mentioned size, condition & manufacturer play a huge part of the value.
The original 1995 jersey had a few different suppliers (Canterbury, Lenco, Peerless)

Canterbury is the most desirable. Depending on where the Canterbury CCC logo is you can date the jersey from there (can be as early as 1993)

Latest posts