What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[b]The Crowd[/b]

tigesup

Juniors
Did anyone hear what the crowd was. Didn't look to bad. Also a fair amount of support for the Weststigers. Especially liked the dude in the half Balmain/Half Wests jumper. We are there for the next two seasons also so it is good to see the support there for our boys.[/b]

gr8_1

Juniors
plus one near the players entrance with the flag

plus tigergran and her crew

so there was at least 6 :lol:

da mad maori

Juniors
16k. Good onya Tigers.Your team played well.No excuses from me.We got our butts kicked ..good and proper.All the best for the rest of the season.

innsaneink

Referee
Its a big stadium isnt it>? Lots of empty seats.
Oh well out of three home games we played away we got 2/3...coulda been much worse.

bonstonker

Juniors
i've also seen a report of 16k.

and to of won 2 out of 3 away home games is awesome.

when you look at some of the wins we have won away from home over the last 12 months we sure have come a long way.wins in brisbane,dairy farmers,nz,gosford,telstra,showground along with 2 point losses in canberra,penrith,toyota,parra shows we are not fazed about where we play and that we have a certain mental toughness this club has not seen.

AliN

Live Update Team
official crowd - 16,281.
Well done Tigers. You'll want two more games like that in ChCh.

NZtiger

Juniors
I'll tell ya what....most of that 16,281 crowd were going for the Warriors!
Only one Tigers supporter and I were sitting around the halfway of the Eastern Side of the ground (the stand without the players entrance), and man! We had a wicked time!!! So many Warriors supporters were givin us shit before the game, but we got the last laugh! Most of those supporters were leaving with 20 mins of the game left to play!!! ha ha!!! There was a Tigers box up behind us, so we could hear a bit of support there too. When the Hodgson went in under the posts to make it fifty, we were on our feet, yelling "FIFTY! FIFTY!", and giving each other high fives...the crowd were so quiet, and we were having a party, but at the same time, the crowd seemed happy for us, and were laughing as we were bagging the Warriors!!
And to make matters worse for them, I ran into the WHOLE team at the airport as my partner and I were going home that night...I was wearing my Tigers jersey, and they looked down and out, it was FANTASTIC way to rub salt in the wounds..I didn't have to say anything...I got a wee smile from Mark Tookey, but that was about it.
As far as a HOME game is concerned, it wasn't anything near it!!
But I'm gonna be back (from Welli, NZ) for the next two seasons, hopefully for two more similar results....

GO YOU TIGERS!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR AN AWESOME TIME!!!!

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah gotta hand it to kiwis supporters....they know how to handle a loss. Make the best of it. We went to the '02 Grand final and I didnt see 1 shitty warriors fan...disappointed yeah but on the whole they were congratulating Roosters fans.

Must be the cricket...lotsa practice there.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah i've seen 3 different figures posted at different times............approx 11,000, 11,114 ( i got that one wrong , that was the crowd at the parra/beagels game.) and of course 16, 241, which thankfuly was correct , good for us cuz it rises our crowd average for the year once more.