What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad News!!!!!!

Narcissist

Juniors
Strong word coming out of Q-Cup HQ that the grand final will not be played at Lang Park. So it seems Redcliffe will be holding the GF again. When will the madness stop? Will it take Redcliffe missing the GF and only a couple of hundred people turning up for the QRL to realise how far away Dolphin Oval really is! I have nothing against Redcliffe but this needs to be looked at seriously. Do we dare hire Ballysnore for the weekend? Im sure Wendell could get it at mates rates for us!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Well, the location isn't the only problem with holding the GF at Dolphin Oval.

As I've raised before, the Minor Premiers in the three grades this year all won the Major Semi-Final by defeating Redcliffe. Their reward - get to play the Grand Final at Dolphin Oval in front of a huge pro-Redcliffe crowd. All lost.

It's morally wrong.

As much as I like Dolphin Oval, Grand Final Day must be held a neutral ground. It's unfortunate though that the only 'neutral' ground in Brisbane (the QRL won't ever consider Ballymore) costs so much to rent.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
wHY NOT THE SUBURBAN GROUNDS?

We watch footy at them all year so why not for the Grand Final?

I say every team should get a grand final including NQ and CQ.

mud n blood

Juniors
Lang Park is sensible, except having 8000 there in a 60000 seat stadium is pretty ordinary. Perhaps Broncos season ticket holders should get free entry and general seating for the day to make it viable.

I'm a fan of Ballymore - it would be great to watch footy at ..... except they play that other rubbish there. :( The problem is, the only paychecks for the QRL is origin and QC grand final day, and the QRU demand the gate takings to use the facility.

Have it at Wests - we can't be in the QC final anyway .... even if we were competing ..... :lol: :oops: :( :cry: #-o

Holding it at any 'Brisbane' ground is fine by me, just make sure it's neutral. Three clubs should be in the running at commencement of finals. First one eliminated hosts the final.

Big Tommy

Juniors
The game should be played at Ballymore - the former home ground of the fighting irish!!

The QRU are pragmatists. A fair negotiation between the QRL and the QRU in relation to gate takings, catering , etc should be able to be worked through without serious disagreement. On the plus side, the rugby PR people can go to town and have a go at us leaguies about coming back cap in hand, yada, yada, yada - so they'll get financial and promotional advantages out of the arrangement.

My view is that it makes good sense for the QRL and QRU to work closer together and that they should be doing this quite regularly on logistics, grounds, administration and even future planning.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Big Tommy said:
The game should be played at Ballymore - the former home ground of the fighting irish!!

The QRU are pragmatists. A fair negotiation between the QRL and the QRU in relation to gate takings, catering , etc should be able to be worked through without serious disagreement. On the plus side, the rugby PR people can go to town and have a go at us leaguies about coming back cap in hand, yada, yada, yada - so they'll get financial and promotional advantages out of the arrangement.

My view is that it makes good sense for the QRL and QRU to work closer together and that they should be doing this quite regularly on logistics, grounds, administration and even future planning.

The only joint planning the QRL and QRU do alike is plotting the downfall of Rugby League.

rugged

Juniors
I'm not sure of the dates of the respective grand finals, but wouldn't it be an idea to have the QLD cup grand final showcased at either an NRL final game in Brisbane at Lang Park OR at the Sydney NRL grand final like the NSW cup thing was held this year. I know it would mean not many locals could go to it but not many do anyway.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
No that would be insane.

However, I'm all for a Playoff two weeks after the Qld Cup and Premier League Grand Finals to be played before the NRL Grand Final.

But f**k Me did you just suggest playing the Qld Cup Grand Final in f**king SYDNEY ???????

What's the story?

What about Perry Park as an alternate, isnt great though would be cheap as QSF are continually it seems broke. It has decent lighting, 1 stand & enclosed embankment type hills.The big plus for in this grounds favour as a 1 stop emergency venue would be its Central City location & just a short stroll from Bowen Hills rail station...of wich all major lines nth sth & west Connect . Just a thought......... :D :D :D

stormboy

Juniors
... good thought mate but too small just like Langlands - a ground of capacity of more than 8000 is what we need

Yeh wasnt sure on perry parks capacity but I suppose it wouldnt be much more than 3000, so really if a neutral venue other than Lang park is required of wich has a decent capacity, central location & decent facilities Then Ballymore is about the only option isnt it. So I gather Ill see you all out at Redcliffe for the final then... :?