What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bailey Back for Finals

Simon

Juniors
Bailey is expected back for the finals. Might play against Manly in Rnd 25, if not premier league in the final round. Great news, hopefully by then it'll be who to drop to bring him in and not him replacing someone because of injury. Ryles, Bailey, Kite, Sims and Poore is one formidable front row.

grouch

First Grade
Quite a headache, one that I'm sure Browny will relish. My own conclusion sees Justin Poore as the unlucky one forced to make way for Bailey. Kite and Sims on the bench with Creagh and Withers.

Nugby

Juniors
I wish I had the chance to cut and paste this from every time I've said it about bloody Barrett, but "I'll wait until I see him on the field", I keep hearing he might make it, and I keep hearing he's out for the season, hell I've even heard somewhere that he said he can't make it back even if we make the grand final so I'll wait and see

Lisa

Hope it comes true!

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/articles/2004/07/23/1090464830757.html

Bailey boost for Dragons
By PAUL SUTTOR
July 23, 2004

INJURY-RAVAGED St George Illawarra's premiership prospects received a huge boost yesterday when international prop Luke Bailey was cleared to return for the finals.

Dragons coach Nathan Brown said club medical officer Dr Martin Raftery gave him the good news about Bailey's torn pectoral muscle, which was thought to be a season-ending injury.

Bailey is an outside chance of being back on the field for the round-25 stoush with Manly on August 29, but if not he will aim to return in Premier League while the first-graders have the bye in the final round or in the first week of the play-offs.

After losing star players Lance Thompson (ankle), Mark Gasnier (shoulder) and Shaun Timmins (cheek) until the final rounds, news of Bailey's surprise comeback was just the tonic for the joint venture club's coach.

"Bull will play. The doc told me today that he'll definitely be right at the end of the year," Brown said.

"He has been through this same injury before and that's why the doc is confident and Bull is confident."

Bailey, who missed most of the 2001 season with a similar pectoral muscle problem, has not played since his injury in the 21-10 loss to Manly on May 9.

Before yesterday's positive prognosis, the Dragons were resigned to being without Bailey until 2005 because of fears he would aggravate the injury if he attempted a comeback before season's end.

Brown said rookie forward Justin Poore (broken thumb) would also be back in the first grade squad for the finals assault and the Dragons wanted to seal a play-off berth before their big guns returned.

"We've got a lot of good players to come back but it's no good worrying about them coming back if we don't make the finals," he said.