What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balmain NRL side

Spike

First Grade
Snide the Tiger said:
As for you killing us over the park - maybe on paper champ - but don't forget that Tiger spirit!!!

Still here goes with a possible squad of past-players only:

1. M. Withers
2. Saleh
3. Seers
4. Carlaw
5. Hopoate
6. Webster
7. Field
13. Morrison
12. O'Donnell
11. Haumono
10. Villasanti
9. L. Withers
8. Pearson

Reserves:

Smith
Leuluai
Dunley
Glassie

That pack would give our current top team a run!!!

I'd go with Ben Black over Field

Once Dead

Bench
Spike said:
Craig Staplton, Garth Wood, Nelson Lomi

Nelson Lomi was a monster back in the day playing in the Lewisham school league teams....Lomu was the only one that ever really kicked on from the Lewo teams

tiger_nick

Bench
I bay for Morrisons blood everytime we play him!! I pray his name is never read out when rep teams are announced!!

Can anybody answer this question? I remember in the mid to late 90s Balmain had a front rower with the last name Seu Seu playing reserve grade it wasnt Jerry @ the Warriors was it? I hope not!!

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Troy Wozniak played for Balmain before the merger, then went to the Eels and then came back, is he still playing First Grade?

Spike

First Grade
tiger_nick said:
Can anybody answer this question? I remember in the mid to late 90s Balmain had a front rower with the last name Seu Seu playing reserve grade it wasnt Jerry @ the Warriors was it? I hope not!!

I for the life of me cannot remember the player you're referring to but it's not Jerry. Jerry is a Mangere junior and has been with the Warriors since at least 1997 which is when he made his first grade debut. He's got a younger brother called Anthony but he too hasn't play for Balmain.

Spike

First Grade
Swampdonkey said:
Troy Wozniak played for Balmain before the merger, then went to the Eels and then came back, is he still playing First Grade?

Troy is playing for Widnes Vikings in the ESL

tiger_nick

Bench
Spike said:
tiger_nick said:

I for the life of me cannot remember the player you're referring to but it's not Jerry. Jerry is a Mangere junior and has been with the Warriors since at least 1997 which is when he made his first grade debut. He's got a younger brother called Anthony but he too hasn't play for Balmain.

Before I was old enough to drive I went to hardly any games but I remember conning my Dad to taking me to a Friday night game V Canberra in 96? @ Parramatta Stadium. There was a front rower playing reserve grade for Balmain with the last name Seu Seu and I remember him cause he played really well and he had a funny name. Than the next year I saw a Seu Seu playing front row for the Warriors but have never found out if it was the same one!!

magpiemax

Juniors
Snide the Tiger said:
As for you killing us over the park - maybe on paper champ - but don't forget that Tiger spirit!!!

Still here goes with a possible squad of past-players only:

1. M. Withers
2. Saleh
3. Seers
4. Carlaw
5. Hopoate
6. Webster
7. Field
13. Morrison
12. O'Donnell
11. Haumono
10. Villasanti
9. L. Withers
8. Pearson

Reserves:

Smith
Leuluai
Dunley
Glassie

That pack would give our current top team a run!!!
Withers was nuttin special there,Saleh although his name is pronounced like Wendell's the only thing they have in common is that Wendell treats his opponents like door mats and Saleh is the mat,Seers looks like his about to make that bust up the middle and we are still waiting,Carlaw at one stage was the laughing stock of the team at one particular game I remember some shouting out to him "Carlaw,you are the weakest link",Finger lickin Hoppa enough said there,Webster & Field unpredictable possibly good tip footy players but best he stays at Newtown,Morrison great player dont know how he got away,O'Donnell is like Devo one hit wonders,Haumono was'nt bad till his mother came on the field when he was injured and was never the same since,Villa was good,Lincoln Withers well is'nt he the reason we bought prince and pearson although I would'nt mind him over at the moment he certainly is not the best prop around.

Eddie.

Bench
While we are talking Balmain and the fact that forward packs has been a big issue here lately....

Wasnt it f**ken good to have a solid pack,

Walker/Sironen
Senter/Nable
Lowrie/ Starr
Stimson
Oneill
Morrison/Smith

Did these guys all play together at once??

if only balmain had some good outside backs in the late 90's we would of been right, the pack certainly kills the current one in first grade

Gobbso

Juniors
Snide get Hoppa off the wing. Put Milford in there. He deserves to make that team more than Hoppa does 8)

Tigertread

Juniors
Tigerpete said:
Yeah Morrison has been in my black book ever since he left, it brings me joy when he struggles.
So you don't have much joy, as he never struggles.
Great player and a great guy.
Morro = Legend

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Mark O'Halloran
Leigh Bowman
Adam Starr
Greg Bourke
Balin Cupples
Jason Webber
Troy Robinson
Luke Milton

Also brook wants to know if former Balmain Tigers ball boys count??????

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Mighty - also Nick Shaw if you are listing from the QRL.

Nick - as for Seu Seu - it was a centre by the name of Marcus Seu Seu who played with us in the early 90s from NZ Union. He had dreadlocks and played in headgear!

Gobbs - as for Milford - I think Cronulla have flicked him - but I would gladly move Carlaw to the wing and bring in Craigie to the centres!

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Also - if we want to scrape around England - Cainey - Wozniak - Jeffries & Gannon must be included!

Gannon at least gives us some more depth in the front row!

brook

First Grade
well seeing as theres no objections I think I'll approve my own ball-boy suggestion and bring Ryan Cross into the team ;-)

Latest posts