What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balmain PL side

brook

First Grade
again waiting on flegg....no real suprises in the team

BALMAIN TIGERS V'S SYDNEY ROOSTERS

Saturday 8th May, 3.40 pm @ Aussie Stadium

1. Simon Greally
2. Matt Pethybridge
3. Luke Isakka
4. Luke Hession
5. Ben Carney
6. Daniel Harris ©
7. Andrew Henderson
8. Jamie Small
9. Rob Farah
10. Ngarimu Simpkins
11. John Wilson
12. Chris Heighington
13. Bronson Harrison

14. Mark Fakahua
15. Brett Kelly
16. Charlie Farah
17. Jermaine Awahau
18. Frank Samia
19. George Azzi

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Looks like a strong forward pack with impact from the bench. Wonder if Michael Buettner might be a late addition? Plus we might get Jeff Lima back from first grade. We need to get back to our early season winning ways!

brook

First Grade
heard an interview with beuttner last weekend (I think) where he said he was still weeks away from being able to return

so unless you've heard something different I'd say probably not...

Jeffles

Bench
Both sides have lost their past 2. Roosters were atrocious last week. Should be a good match.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
brook said:
heard an interview with beuttner last weekend (I think) where he said he was still weeks away from being able to return

so unless you've heard something different I'd say probably not...

Yeah Buettner said he is about 5-6 weeks away from coming back after the Panthers game

Wilsons days in the centers are numbered I think ;-)

King Tigerman

Juniors
hes better off being a supersub off the bench then apart from him they could go 3 other forwards

even though i was there working sunday didnt get to see much of them but having 2 byes in 3 weeks recently will hurt them they arent as match fit as the other sides but hopefully they can get a win up & phil ill be trying my hardest to get there in time for kickoff of reserves

Mighty Tiger

Bench
King Tigerman said:
even though i was there working sunday didnt get to see much of them but having 2 byes in 3 weeks recently will hurt them they arent as match fit as the other sides but hopefully they can get a win up & phil ill be trying my hardest to get there in time for kickoff of reserves

Sorry dude just found out last night you left the msgs on my phone, I have a problem with our dog chewing all our phone chargers for some reason :evil:

I don't think we will be able to get to the game this weekend as we have to pack our stuff ready to move to a new place :(

meltiger

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
I don't think we will be able to get to the game this weekend as we have to pack our stuff ready to move to a new place :(

I don't care how pregnant she is ... Make her work hard for once in her life ;-)

I'll cheer them for both of you :) Stewie will certainly do his bit with his excessively loud voice :)

Brook, if ya's do end up going, call me. We'll be there and sober :(, Tam made me promise to come back to the hotel unsloshed :( lol

King Tigerman

Juniors
thatll be a 1st

mel if youre there meet up with us well be in bay 31 i think also ive heard word about a pissup in the city after the game but i know youll have to be at the scg by 12 the next day sms us

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I just realised that if Jeff comes back into PL then who will be left out ???

The forward pack is great and the only change I can see taking place to fit Lima in is by moving either Wilson or Harrison into the centers for Hession or Isakka (Wilson would be the best option for Isakka IMO)

That forward pack and especially considering that it will get stronger as players come back from injury but with also Bowman coming back from froggy land it would have to be the best running around in PL this year by a mile!!!!!

brook

First Grade
I'd say whats most likely is that simpkins will slip back to the bench and either Awahau or Farah will play for the hawkes this week.

Spike

First Grade
SYD ROOSTERS V'S BALMAIN TIGERS

Saturday 8th of May, 10.30am @ Henson Park

1 David Pangi
2 Jason Chapman
3 Jermaine Alberts
4 Sam Wara
5 Nathan Lavers
6 Jamie Grant
7 Jamie Nowland
8 Brock Hunter
9 Ranald Schulz
10 Mick Harper
11 David Gower
12 Bryan D!ckson
13 Franco Kmet

14 Dean Caldwell
15 Sean Morris
16 Tim Tobin
17 Luke Waihape
18 John Nash

brook

First Grade
Thanks for that!

hmm some interesting changes but I think that could be the strongest side we've fielded this year (we'll need it to be against easts)

Really happy to see Pangai get a spot - this kid really does have the talent to go as far as he wants, hopefully he handles the step up with no problems.

From what I've seen of Jaime Grant he'll do very well at 5/8th and it frees up the lock spot for franco - he's never really looked good since they moved him to the centres last year so maybe a move back will help him find form again 'cause at one stage I had tremendous wraps on him.

Nashy can probably count himself unlucky to have been dropped to the bench - I rate him much better than chapman and I think he's been one of our best this year but he will provide some real impact as well as possibly slipping in at halfback if nowland doesn't work out there.

The only concern I have is while our starting forwards are all very good its a very lightweight bench with two halfbacks and a smallish hooker/utility taking 3 out of 5 bench spots

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Crap please don't throw the ball out to Chapman on the wing :( :( :( :(

He always stands outside the field of play when ever he plays out there :evil: