What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

balmain v eels

dont worry yappy im sure wests are only 4 points out of the 8
with sharks/dragons/tigers/eels/bears and knights to go
u gotta hope the bulldogs start losing though :p

as for the tigers run home its
rnd 22: vs souths(home)
rnd 23: vs wests(home)
rnd 24: vs sharks(away)
rnd 25: vs roosters(home)
rnd 26: vs penrith(away)

might be able too win 3/5 which should make us stay in the 8

Mighty Tiger

Bench
The Flegg boys looked great in defence and well got a victory which broke there bad form of recent weeks and made them at least certain of making the 8 hopefully nothing less than 3rd would be great ;-)

PL well we shot ourselves in the foot but the Eels but hey we are still in the 8 with a few must win games starting with a triple against Souths will be the main focus ;-)

Good to see Samia in PL find his good form and Kelly in the centres was exceptional in defence (who Brook thinks should be on the wing a position she thinks he could play at NRL level for us in this position) apart from that we where abit behind before the game started with bloody grahme moving into the halves :(

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah the fleeg performance was awesome, in particular the second half performance. Defensively i doubt they've played that well all season long, Nowland continues too look good and halfback too, when the game was tight it was he who stood up.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigerpete said:
Yeah the fleeg performance was awesome, in particular the second half performance. Defensively i doubt they've played that well all season long, Nowland continues too look good and halfback too, when the game was tight it was he who stood up.

He has great speed and didn't go bad for a bloke who is on 1 leg ;-)

I still think he would be better served on the wing or at fullback but hey Sheppo knows more than us dosn't he ;-)

Caldwell and Wara didn't play either so it wasn't a bad performance at all!!!!

Harper played the full game without being interchanged and continues to show why I think he will be playing in the top grade within 2yrs ;-) His workrate is huge 2 hitups every set, he has speed, size, can offload at will and on top of this dosn't go missing in defence our props are looking good in a few years time ;-)

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah, what amazes me most about Mick is his size and his mobilty, to keep going for that long is amazing. I agree about Nowland too, he could be very handy out wide but still improves everyweek at half.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigerpete said:
Yeah, what amazes me most about Mick is his size and his mobilty, to keep going for that long is amazing. I agree about Nowland too, he could be very handy out wide but still improves everyweek at half.

Couldn't agree more about Mick and thats why I think I am his number 1 fan now :lol: :lol: All last year I was spreading his talent accross the board and well who knows I guess :lol: :lol:

Jamie has speed to burn and he isn't a lazy player as well - against the Eels was his best game at halfback I thought he did organise well and he started to take the line on a bit more and well we saw the results of that now didn't we ;-)

Vicious

Bench
if Sheens is watching the Flegg games like he should be then maybe the form of the likes of Harper is why he hasn`t hit the panic button and gone and baught more props!

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Could very well be the case I mean look at the young props we will have at the club next year

Lima, Merideth, Moa, Harper, Hunter and Cameron

Add Gibbs, Payten and Skando to that list and I think our front row in a few years time won't be as bad as what we might think it will ;-)

Vicious

Bench
Mighty Tiger said:
Could very well be the case I mean look at the young props we will have at the club next year

Lima, Merideth, Moa, Harper, Hunter and Cameron

Add Gibbs, Payten and Skando to that list and I think our front row in a few years time won't be as bad as what we might think it will ;-)
Although as a team they are struggling the Magpies have a couple of promising props also.Aaron Sweeney has a lot of potential,plenty of size and aggression.If he had a big off season getting himself in top condition,I reckon he could be a big improver.

HOT028

Juniors
the only problem with these guys is the fact they have no first grade experience, i am sure sheens thought we wouldn't make the finals and would be able to give frisrt grade to to a few more to prepare for next year, look at halatau he was good last year but has been magic this year. We really need to buy a few players that around 24-27 with regular first grade experience to mould the squad together.

bonstonker

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Harper played the full game without being interchanged and continues to show why I think he will be playing in the top grade within 2yrs ;-) His workrate is huge 2 hitups every set, he has speed, size, can offload at will and on top of this dosn't go missing in defence our props are looking good in a few years time ;-)

now that is what i like to see in a prop,someone willing to go in and do the hard stuff.
that is what frustrates me so much with the tigers,too many backrowers taking it up and not props.

payten and gibbs need to start lifting the workrate in hit ups.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
bonstonker said:
now that is what i like to see in a prop,someone willing to go in and do the hard stuff.
that is what frustrates me so much with the tigers,too many backrowers taking it up and not props.

payten and gibbs need to start lifting the workrate in hit ups.

Mate I know I have been giving this kid raps for a while but its clear why I do it - its because he is a great talent he has the workload of a backrower but he is infact an old style prop who is already the nearly the size of Mason but actually goes looking for the ball not once in a set of six but twice not to mention he dosn't laze behind the defence line