What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

balme the front row

B_Tiger

Juniors
despite people bagging sheens for terrible selections, asking for the halves to be switched around and suddenly wanting a recruitment drive in the offseason I think the problem yesterday was in the forwards, a problem that has existed all year. John Skandalis, Todd Payten and Bryce Gibbs were not able to make an impact yesterday. I think our problem all year has been go forward. I think the front row is largely responsible for this. In the second row I think we have capable performers in Laffranchi, Heignington and O'neill (along with the young talent developing), but in the front row we have nothing. Skando's work rate needs to be reduced so that he can have a higher impact, thus he should be brought on as a sub to get him running at worn down defense. That means we need two starting props because, in my opinion, Payten isn't good enough to start either. To be honest, I just don't think we have anyone available at the club to fill that gap. I think Small has been a must all season, but he clearly isn't in the picture, and his side's performance yesterday will ensure he stays out of the picture. Lima is out for the season but would have certainly provided the bulk and power we lack...so who else is there?

brook

First Grade
Cashmere from wests would have to be next in line to get a go depending on how he has returned from injury.

I still want to see Jaime get a run but to be honest I think, knowing Sheens' history, that Brock Hunter will get called up from flegg

(note I don't think this should happen but its hard to deny that Sheens almost never picks an 'older' player when theres a 19 year old that could even possibly be considered)

B_Tiger

Juniors
Jamie small is the only guy that deserves selection in my opinion. He is the hardest runner in the club and has a great ability to get to the ground quickly in tackles, allowing a quick play the ball. On top of that he tackles hard. I was told he was kept out of first grade because he doesn't have much of an offload game, but considering our lack of go-forward, we can afford to bring in a player who simply knows how to run and hit. If he isn't given a chance this season, he will prove himself at another club next season. Which would be a real shame because he has been balmain's best player for the last two years.

I don't know anything about cashmere, but I know lima and small belted wests all over the park last time they played.

brook

First Grade
Hey you're not going to get arguments from me - Jaime deserves selection...I just don't think it'll happen

but for the record when Balmain belted Wests cashmere was injured and didn't play so he can't be blamed for that one

brook

First Grade
lol no problems then.

I think the fact that they continually ignore jaime is one of the silliest things sheens has done all year.

If he doesn't get a go this year I hope he does go to another club and make us pay

Gobbso

Juniors
I agree give Small an opportunity, it can't hurt...the more grunt the better, especially against a very big and mobile Roosters pack.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
B_Tiger said:
Jamie small is the only guy that deserves selection in my opinion. He is the hardest runner in the club and has a great ability to get to the ground quickly in tackles, allowing a quick play the ball. On top of that he tackles hard. I was told he was kept out of first grade because he doesn't have much of an offload game, but considering our lack of go-forward, we can afford to bring in a player who simply knows how to run and hit. If he isn't given a chance this season, he will prove himself at another club next season. Which would be a real shame because he has been balmain's best player for the last two years.

Couldn't agree more, the Wests Tigers need to try something up front!

B_Tiger said:
I don't know anything about cashmere, but I know lima and small belted wests all over the park last time they played.

I have a funny feeling that Cashmere was actually injured for that game!

jilliby kitty

Juniors
ummm what a load of shiit gasener didn't score 4 trys through payten,skando and boof .
i thought skando was the only one that looked like he should be out there .
saints are just to good for us if they get in a gf with that team +timmins they'll beat ANYBODY

as for small and the other reserve graders please .some other time but not this year :roll:

Latest posts