What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathurst 1000

southsport

First Grade
Hey Itsa, my respect levels for you were already good but they are off the charts now that I know your a Holden man lol! ;)

As for you Southy, I'm shaking my head lol. Just kidding mate. I've been cheering for one Ford this year: The flying Kiwi Scotty Mac. ;)

Yeah bro! We had a 1973 LJ XU-1 growing up. One of my all time favourite cars.

I now own another of my all time favourite cars, a 1984 VH wagon. Love to get my hands on an HQ one day.

Callmack, here's your 2018 Holden Commodore ZB Supercar.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/22/triple-eight-uncovers-new-commodore-supercar/

Itsamansgame

Juniors
View attachment 15877 View attachment 15877 View attachment 15876 View attachment 15876 View attachment 15876 View attachment 15876
Hey Itsa, my respect levels for you were already good but they are off the charts now that I know your a Holden man lol! ;)

As for you Southy, I'm shaking my head lol. Just kidding mate. I've been cheering for one Ford this year: The flying Kiwi Scotty Mac. ;)

I now own another of my all time favourite cars, a 1984 VH wagon. Love to get my hands on an HQ one day.
Bro I spent my youth in my Dad's and my Uncles 1973 LJ XU-1's.
Spent a lot of time at some of the old classic raceways,Oran Park,Warick Farm,Liverpool and Castlereagh drags,great family memories.
I'll share a few of the old raceway pics!View attachment 15875

southsport

First Grade
The mustang looks like Pete Geoghan's machine.

Itsa I went to Warwick Farm, Oran Park, Amaroo and I bet you never went to the Hume Weir circuit.

southsport

First Grade
That mustang was the THE machine of it's day.

Pete Geoghan was co-driver with Moffat at Bathurst one year in an XB Falcon 2-door I think it was and Moffat said he was blessed to have a co-driver that was actually faster than Moff himself.........some people consider Pete Geoghan to be our best touring car driver of all time..........Brock fans would disagree though i would imagine.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Definitely
That mustang was the THE machine of it's day.

Pete Geoghan was co-driver with Moffat at Bathurst one year in an XB Falcon 2-door I think it was and Moffat said he was blessed to have a co-driver that was actually faster than Moff himself.........some people consider Pete Geoghan to be our best touring car driver of all time..........Brock fans would disagree though i would imagine.
He was great,but yep Brock was better!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Itsa there was a track up near Katoomba called Catalina Park, did you ever go there? Never went myself.
No Southie never went but it feels like I have many times.
My Dad still to this day will always tell his story about being there and watching Bob Jane destroying his Mustang back in 1965.
I was 2 at the time,I've never forgiven him for leaving me at home.
But he made up for it with the Bunnies,by the time I was 8 I'd been to 5 GF's,I honestly believed that the SCG was our home ground we were there that often.
Great memories!

callmack1

Staff member
View attachment 15877 View attachment 15877 View attachment 15876 View attachment 15876 View attachment 15876 View attachment 15876
Bro I spent my youth in my Dad's and my Uncles 1973 LJ XU-1's.
Spent a lot of time at some of the old classic raceways,Oran Park,Warick Farm,Liverpool and Castlereagh drags,great family memories.
I'll share a few of the old raceway pics!View attachment 15875
Awesome man. Like I say, I wish my father kept our Torana back then as it was sooo cool and I have so many memories of it.

callmack1

Staff member
Yea, I saw that a couple of weeks ago. It looks fine, just looks like a more modern Commodore (however I don't like the rear of it) but it will never be the same sadly.:(

I have an awful feeling that Supercars, the greatest racing category in the world is going to be ruined. It's just not gonna be the same in five, maybe even less, years time.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Yea, I saw that a couple of weeks ago. It looks fine, just looks like a more modern Commodore (however I don't like the rear of it) but it will never be the same sadly.:(

I have an awful feeling that Supercars, the greatest racing category in the world is going to be ruined. It's just not gonna be the same in five, maybe even less, years time.
The Holy Grail,goodnight gentlemen!image.jpeg

southsport

First Grade

It's funny that you say that because i think the category will be better with more manufacturers, I'm not sure what brand of car Walkinshaw Racing will be driving though.