What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bears Attempted Buyout Of Eagles

bluefox1968

Juniors
Would LOVE to see this happen...

I DO wonder, though, if they would be best served being the Central Coast Bears, in the interests of getting a team OUT of Sydney...

It would be very funny if it happened. I'd like to see a Central Coast team happen, given that its a strong league area. Isn't the whole problem all down to bad weather in 1999 which prevented the Gosford Stadium being completed on time, which led to the formation of those silly Norther Eagles ?

CEO

Juniors
Going back in my memory i think it was a contract dispute. Delayed completion to after end of season.

This delay resulted in reduced crowd figures and they were punted with Souths.

it was the Manly side that used delay tactics. The merge agreement stated that the License reverted to Manly if the partnership fell over. Some bad businessmen involved with Norths back then.

It seems that this may have been a hoax, set up by Manly fans to catch Dean Ritchie out that he just trolls fan pages and forums.
If true, hats off to them.
Nothing will ever beat Reefy/Elford though..