What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been a while!!

Jud

Juniors
Was thinking about the Grubby Storm v Grubbier Manly game last night. Whilst they did their team no favours getting sent off, it was nice to see some hatred back in a club game. Not suggesting we go back to the 70's, the game could not grow with that behaviour going unpunished, but I enjoyed watching it. Had to play it down in front of my 7yr old son and his mate, but couldn't wait to see the replay!!

Which brings me to my post, is Blair the enforcer we have been lacking since the days of Blocker and Boyd? I don't remember too many games in the last 10-15 years we have won on aggression. Determination yes, skill yes, but hammering a team, no.

Thoughts?

macnaz

Staff member
I dont believe that sort of aggression is tolerated at Tigers with Sheens. Gibbs was a hot head and would love to play that sort of footy id recon but he has seemed to have had it coached out of him. Fifita is another that seemed to have changed quickly since being coached by Sheens. Woods has a bit of mongrel still, lets see if it lasts.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
can't believe people are confusing aggression with moronic stupidity

magpie_man

Juniors
resorting to violence as a means of settling differences shouldn't be tolerated, let alone encouraged.

westie

Bench
I remember seeing Hoppa and Craig Smith (?) try to knock each other's lights out - then have a nice chat strolling off Campbelltown one night. That's how it should be. Shame we lost one of our best and they lost a relative nuffy.

The first semi against the Roosters last year was one of the biggest physical beltings I've ever seen. I still reckon that's the best game we've ever played, by the length of the straight. Just a bit of bad luck, particularly from Ellis kept the Roosters in the game. Otherwise they'd have been on the wrong end of 50. And I think they were the next best team in the comp. No other side could have gone with us that night.