What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

believe me

Dont get me wrong Nages I am happy with our first choice backline as it stands now. I really want to see it on the paddock as injuries and other things have prevented it from happening at the moment. I hope stuey can them firing at once.

I was just pointing out what it could be if all these rumours come true (which will definately not come true in my opinion) and throwing them out for comparision to what we have now.

beekershark

Bench
The main thing holding us back for a GF win under lang was our halves.

NO way should he come back, even with noddy next to him now.

Slot 2 new halves into johnnys teams of the late 90's early 200's and we have at least one GF win by now.

pogo

Juniors
dykes old man john played with brian smith at souths and they are good mates, smithy had his eye on adam as far back as the saints days and it would be a major shock if he left parra .
if he does cross your fingers its not cronulla.
the interesting move will be the rogers move or moves should i say.

Dykes is probably good mates with Stuey Raper. I think he coached him in lower grades. While Dykes would be a better 5/8 than our current options, I reckon he might not be a good choice in the long term (he's getting on a bit). Hopefully Aitken can fill the 5/8 void in the next couple of years. If Dykes is ahead of Aitken, Aitken might be forced to leave the Sharks like Firman did.

I reckon we should be looking at fostering young talent rather than signing almost thirty somethings like Seers.

RockyShark

Juniors
Yeah - if we have to go through this pain lets at least give the current crop a chance to get it together. I'd possibly have Dykes back, but he's closer to the end of his career than the start. His best footy is behind him, I think.

What's all this talk about Rogers? Have I missed something???

Dykes' shoulders are a liability

What's all this talk about Rogers? Have I missed something???
Was reported by two gossip columnists of questionable quality that Mat Rogers is interested in coming back to the Sharks

and Steve Rogers is apparently going to the USA to help with league development over there

Macca

Coach
Matt Rogers said in his own column that he will either be a shark or a waratah next year. We will know within the next 2 months.

RockyShark

Juniors
McSharkie said:
Matt Rogers said in his own column that he will either be a shark or a waratah next year. We will know within the next 2 months.
Ooohhh... that's interesting!

Hope those gossip columnists are right ShireShark!